Things to Check misfire?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nicolas Hernandez, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Hey guys, just got my RS this week , overall looks really clean but im noticing some things , since im not an expert on Rs´s im coming to you for advice.

On Coldstart i hear some kind of knocking or misfire maybe. it repeats when the car is at temperature but less noticeable, the car runs and pulls perfect.

When i turn it off i hear a ticking noise but i read on the forum that this is normal, i also checked and a connector to one of the ignition coils its broken and has been fixed so i will change that.

The car has 58.800 km´s, recently serviced, all new original timing belt, accessory belt, water pump, coolant, engine 5w-40 OIL , ELF transmission oil , the clutch has been replaced also due to a thrust bearing failure some km´s ago, all new Michelin PS4 Tires (3000km Old), and 1 owner since 2012 .

Anything else to check on this cars? i work for a parts dealer so i have all the codes for parts on Partslink , im already ordering a Thermostat and the thermostat seal in case of that failing.

looking to hear from your experiences.

Nic

2. yes thermostat for sure and also swap out the clutch damper for HEL clutch replacement pipe

Attached Files: