The UAS car care 225

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Dan UAS, Aug 16, 2013.

1. I apologise in advance if updates aren't bang on time, I will try to do as soon as anything is done.

To start - I bought the '56 plate 225 lux 5 door in black 58k miles. Generally not bad condition but did have a couple of car park dinks and the paintwork was possibly the most marred I have seen up close even though it was very shiney. I think the shine was helped with the ixtar g3 glass coat applied in the dealers from new (which we will be removing)

We started at the beginning! Original new RS mats, a damn good clean throughout and a quick swap on the air filter for the green cotton panel filter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376675432.309196.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376675503.559400.jpg

Next we went with the genuine r26r spoiler painted and fitted by our local dealer

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376675548.769085.jpg

Then came the brand new parrot asteroid smart all in one multimedia unit.

I then had to decide on decals as after all it's a bit of a demo car and needs to stand out and represent the business. I did have a 197 which we designed decals for but this time wanted to do a bit less to leave the black paintwork on display. I know we will get some hate for this but I decided the r26r graphics in red were just to good. We haven't opted for the actual r26r logo as we will integrate our business info in and around the side sections.

I started the huge task of paint correction a couple of weeks ago but the shop is so busy I have only had 2 spare Saturdays. The front and back are done with decals applied. The roof and sides will be done in the next couple of weeks and the rest of the decals will go on. The whole car will then be polished, sealed, waxed etc hopefully looking good for the winter (poor timing!).

A new green cotton induction kit is already on the bench waiting to be fitted and have just been looking for a remap option to go on with a new exhaust system. Hopefully all before Xmas!

More pictures will follow but already can be viewed on wwwuascarcare.com in the gallery section

Thanks for looking!

2. Oh yeah and if your wondering why do all this on a 5 door, it's my daily driver so having 3 kids I just can't squeeze then in the coupe which is a pain!