250 The Milltek non res Exhaust.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ben_r1, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Yes yes there hundreds of threads about it but all I seem to read is that it's too quiet, almost OEM.

The problem is I'm looking at remaps and AmD are currently offering 50% off remaps and free fitting when buying a Milltek system so it'd certainly be a no brained there. However going off youtube videos I really fancied a Scorpion as they sound better/louder.

Has anyone with experience with the Milltek system got any insight? How loud, pops and bangs, build quality etc. Ideally I want something I can hear from inside the car when going for it to give a little more drama, lots of noise and lots of popping.

Thanks.

2. Hey bud in my opinion I'd get the system completely de boxed straight through no silencers just the cat. It sounds amazing
    I had this done today.
    My car previously had a milltek back box and was quite. But now it pops and bangs gurgles and you can Really hear the turbo.

3. Vid of this please, I was toying with this idea!

4. That's effectively a straight pipe, any custom exhaust company will either just delete both your boxes or make a straight through pipe.

5. Yes that's true. Best option as these Meg's are quiet!!! I'll get a vid up in the morning. Trust me it's changes the whole car.

6. great at stuff, mine is fairly loud on chat but often thought of having a little noise around town, mines very discrete.

7. It's like a deep low growl when cruising with nice bbbrrraaap!!! When changing gears. Sounds even better in built up areas lol.
    but doing 70mph on the motorway and no drone what so ever.

8. sold.....I'm going to my exhaust guy soon.

9. Good stuff. You won't be disappointed bud.

10. i reckon not not now from what you've said, watched some YouTube on them and I have a scorpion on it now so I'm gonna get my exhaust guy to just make a 2.75" replacement section for the back box with two tails.

11. That the best plan.

12. I fancy a decent exhaust think i may try and afford the rams tuning one in a few months time it looks brilliant

13. Well this got hijacked...

14. Sorry lol, back on topic:blush:

15. What benifit would you get from the miltek over removing the center box? It sounds just as good cutting out the box and at a FRACTION of the cost. Probably still be cheaper even if you had to pay full price for the map.

16. More power?

17. Exhausts don't seem to make any difference to power on these cars so don't spend hundreds expecting more power - get a remap for that.

18. Noise lol. Just the done thing isn't it, buy a performance car and whack a stainless system on it!

19. The oem system is stainless though

20. No it's not.

21. Its a low grade stainless

22. So whats the upshot? Do we go for the milltek?

23. I chose the Scorpion in the end purely for the price difference and decided to fit it myself.

Very glad I did too, the system looks a quality piece of kit and fitting it was a dream, no more than a 20 minute job for me. Well chuffed.