The joys of staying on a hill

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by Jamie Crookston, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Sunday night I was giving the car a quick wash when BANG! I got the fright of my life. A car at the top the hill where I stay, the handbrake cable snapped rolled down the hill and smashed into mine. Never heard it or seen it coming. Thank god I wasn't behind my car when it happened. I've never felt so gutted and angry at the same time..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Happy days not.....

2. Gutted for you mate. As as your ok that the main thing.

3. Hope you get it sorted fella. I presume your going to have to go through insurance to get it sorted?

4. As long as your ok that's the main thing.

5. That sucks :worried: Glad to hear that no one was hurt though, it could have been a lot worse considering you were out there washing the car.

6. Typical Japanese piece of shit with their failing handbrakes... Utter case of wrong place, wrong time. I presume insurance will see this as an immediate fault of the other party even though it was a mechanical failure and not manned at the time?

7. My mates JCW mini 13 plate just failed, rolled out of his house, down a hill, into a ditch!

Hope you get it sorted mate

8. Ah that does suck mate. My meg actually rolled down the hill where I live, straight into the back of a truck with a tow bar, went straight through the intercooler. Hope the insurance pay up for you quick so you can get it sorted.

9. Djw John

Djw John ClioSport.Net Area Rep RSM Club Member

Ah thats shit mate, time to put up a sign saying to leave it in gear!

Imagine the speed it would've reached if your car hadn't stopped in, about 90 by the bottom of the hill!

10. Its being dealt with through the insurance at the moment. I've insisted that it goes to Protek. I reckon its hit the car between 30 to 40mph. if I was standing behind the car I was done.. You're right john think I will be putting up a sign haha. Don't strip your meg yet. Might be time for me to buy it haha

11. Djw John

Hubs have been bought from Markblack....

12. Changed you're mind on the car?

13. Djw John

Oh no its still getting sold and Id still get more for breaking it but time has been tight with all the other projects on the go so its been a decision based on time.

14. I always said it was too good a car to break. I'm biased though haha

15. Djw John

Oh I agree its a good car, I just dont have the sentimental bit for it that stops me breaking it

16. And missed even more serious damage that could've been done by the towbar...... :-(

17. Gutted for you mate, but 30-40mph? 10 tops...

18. All I can say is it was an almighty bang for 10mph then

19. Sorry fella that's Sh###t good luck

20. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Gutted for you pal, especially as no one could do anything about it