The joy continues!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ghosty0101, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Today I let my dad drive my car for the first time. After kerbing a wheel quite badly, he got on the motorway and then the engine warning light came on saying check emissions. I called the AA and they said ignore it! Is there anything wrong or should I just keep driving as normal?

2. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Probably a missfire detection due to an injector but best have it plugged in as really it could be a few things

3. It was driving fine! Still is now. The AA guy said if it's not gone in a week take it to get checked over! I'm not having much luck with this car!

4. does sound like an injection issue, might be time to get new or refurbed ones. check to see if you have a more than lumpy idle usually a tell tale

5. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

fill it with some vpower, take it out and kick it about under heavy loads, it'll be fine.

6. It's had new injectors and it's always drank v power! I took it out this evening and grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and it cleared the fault! French cars and their eternal mysteries!

7. Daz

Daz

I've had a full set of injectors 8k ago and had to replace one again a few weeks ago.

It feels mighty at the moment though, it seems to like this new injector!

8. I'll hold out on the new injectors until after the driveshaft and brakes and the radiator are all working!