The dreaded tpms issue

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Andy63, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Where is the tpms reciever located on the rs3?

Lost both the right side senaors then one flashed back in and now its gone again.

I'm gonna swap the wheels over right to left for a short drive just to see if it pings accross and then I know its just the sensors and not the receiver.

Thought I'd have a look at the receiver whilst its on the ramp. Cant cope with the stupid dash light much longer so its got to be fixed.

Cheers.

2. failure more likely lo battery's depending on age, is this MkII or III

3. Its the mk3. Is it still the best option ordering direct from renault?

I've read a few people ordered elsewhere and the temperamental electrics didn't like them.

4. Possibly but guessing silly money, not had change mine still after 8 years

5. Andy63 i had the same problem & just resolved the matter after 8 month's of sleepless nights.Turned out it was my car battery m8

6. Was the battery knackered? Did a battery change solve it?

I've just had tyres done and changed the tpms at the same time and still having the problem.

Could it be the receiver? Where is it located under the car, anyone have a piccy so I can investigate that?

7. Hiya andy63,unfortunately the battery didnt solve the problem.receiver is in the bcm behind the glove box.Had to send my car to renault & have the bcm replaced & programmed up to my car.

8. What should I be checking before I have to go down that route?

Sounds expensive having to go to renault? How much did all that cost?

9. Technician that i spoke to told me that you cannot repair the reciever on the bcm & that is why i had to have the unit replaced.Did everything that you have done & had to bite the bullet im afraid.Cost me £622 inc vat for labour & cost of the bcm.