The Dark Knight.

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Naith, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Have you got somewhere specific in mind Naith.

2. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

No as I don't have a meet in mind mate! LOL!

I will have a think so and try to sort something for the next few weeks. Have to see. There's plenty on here that can sort a decent meet now.

3. We will have to sort something as my not so little one wants me to take her to another meet....
    Anyway back on topic..... TDK
    Lee

4. Epic noise. That a screamer pipe?

5. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Nope. Just the exhaust noise, which will be gone soon as I'm aiming to get the CGR setup.

6. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Car looks and sounds brilliant Naith

Naith likes this.
  8. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Last week I had my badges redone, cleaned the car properly, bought a new LED white light interior kit and picked up some rubber.

This weekend was a Supercar Driver event called Diamond 9. It was the second running of the event and was simply out of this world. I put some Contisport 5's on the front in the hope that a few laps round Scampton would ruin them, yeh it did... Not bothered though thats what I put them on for.

2d042aa27fc9cfdb39ee9b5a456239e9.jpg

Best part of the day was chasing the Red Arrows boys round in their cars. Absolute nutters. A Veyron ripped one of the airfield taxi lights out of the ground on a run on the Hypercar laps (Yeh you read that right..) so the day had to get cut short as far as track stuff went, but all in all top stuff.

Just bought some new OE disks and some DS1.1s to go on this week, waiting to see how my tyre situation plays out.

8b0ba762af41278f883055d0a1463427.jpg

I also need a new passanger side archliner as one has rubbed against the tyre and become worn, it's a scrapyard job and a fiver that I can sort on Saturday.

Crying out for a LSD, another Sabelt for passenger side (OEM seats weigh a ton) and a 250 blower. Dem the aims!

4c590d1b9be786dc5b4148f4f02b9e40.jpg

9. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Spent yesterday starting on a mockup for a rear diffuser.

I'll have to remove the boot floor (it's cracked anyway) as it'll block the channel I'm going to create with the diffuser. Need to get either some CF or likewise I can sandwich some dynamite between as I cba with loads of road noise.

But yeh... Wanted one for ages and it'll cut so much drag from the rest of the car, save a shedload of weight with a shorter system and hopefully look good. What I really need is a lockup or ramp so I can look st pickup points and size the aluminium sheets up properly but it is what it is and I'll just have to make do.

Watch this space.

891ea2eac70e4212ce3de9f5bd56c811.jpg

Sam@NP likes this.
  10. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I can't wait to see the finished product, are you going for the mk3 centre exit shape? It'll look great.

11. 2d042aa27fc9cfdb39ee9b5a456239e9.jpg

Wow! What a picture [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Glad you got a bumper sorted out,

13. Naith who are you using for the diffuser/system changes? I'm going down the same route as you and have a really good quote on a custom diffuser just need to get rid of the wheel well and move the exhaust back box.

14. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

No one as yet. I'm looking at having mark black help me with the boot floor and then go from there really. All I know is u want he boot floor plate doing properly and with a sandwich of dynamat... When done the exhaust will be much shorter for me and flush with the actual diffuser. Less weight and fannying about then.

But keep me posted as I'm kinda doing it gradually by trial and error.

15. Me too. I've asked a friends dad if he can cut me some 2mm aluminium sheet to size, plan to spray with body sealant then.
    Got quoted £390+vat off one place .
    Then I'm going to get my splitter fitted and talk through options with the guy of what we need to move/cut etc to get the diffuser done.

16. Wow! thanks for posting this all up, I spent WAY to long (whilst I should have been working) reading this entire thread, enjoying your writing, updates, and the humor you have managed to maintain!

Can you provide someone like me (yet to get his hands on a 225) about the next part of the project, the diffuser and boot floor removal... it's plastic?
    do you have a cad render yet handy?

Once again thanks for the thread!

17. Would love to hear how the diffuser is coming on @Naith

18. You plan on going the RS197 back diffuser route?

S.

19. Had a slow day in work so hit cliosport for some reading, and found the thread for this car on there from the beginning circa 2007? Hell of a read. Hope it's updated soon.

Also where do you live? References to Wales a few times.

Naith likes this.
  20. On a separate note, I'd like to go to lemans can you give me a run down of going there ? Camping, costs etc?

21. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Thanks for the comps guys, I'm split between Wrexham and Manchester Bowen. She's had a right old journey haha!

In regards to diffuser, the car is going to MRS in the new year, Mark and I have worked out some dimensions but it may mean me ruining the car for a while with no actual diffuser and just the cut out and exhaust removed to run via a centre exit. Obviously near to Xmas I'm not doing much on her, she's up the drive looking sorry for herself covered in brake dust but I'll sort that tomorrow with a bath.

Sorted a bracket out though, suppose that's progress.

[​IMG]

I ran her out a few weeks ago on a SuperCar Driver run round North Wales, it rained all day but I couldn't have cared less, leading a 650s, C63, AMG GT, 2 Maseratis, an Exige and an M4 was a right laugh. She stood up well and once I'd bedded the DS1.1s in she stopped like nothing else. Only issue is the brake disk now but hey ho, it is what it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In regards to LM, we book through Brian @ 1stTickets, stay on Houx Annexe and get leathered for four days. Simple as that really haha. Anything else you need just PM me.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  22. I bloody love this car, I think it's spot on!

Have you got an LSD Fitted or not?

23. Looks great dude I'd love a track day one of these at some point. Love how fat they look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk