The 250 had an accident

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Birchy, May 19, 2015.

1. Hi guys, long time no speak.

Yesterday I was on my way home on the motorway and something fell off a truck and caused damage to the front of my 250.

Here is a pic...
    6XlHfbG.jpg

My question is can I replace that grey/ black splitter on the bottom of the bumper? If so how much?
    Also the Black blade part of the bumper has crazed paint and some other scuffs, I will try to repair and repaint this but if I mess it up can this be replaced without replacing the whole bumper?

Thanks for any input. Thankfully it didn't do any engine damage, it hit the car so hard I'm surprised the air bags didn't go off.

2. Lucky that's all it's done! I think the grey splitter is a seperate piece. They gloss blade....I'm not sure. Professional wrap would be cheapest bet.

3. Oli

Oli

I think the splitter is about 70 quid, and it's attached via many annoying C-ring staples.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ah fuck, Sorry to see mate!

Splitter is available from Renault, as Oli said its around £70, The gloss black blade looks like it should be saveable with a decent machine polish if not it is replaceable separate to the bumper but it isn't cheap by any means

5. £70 for a small grey piece of brittle plastic? Awesome. Lol.

As for the blade, I'm hoping for the best, will need some plastic filler for two deep gouges, and the rest of the paint is "crazed" so will need respraying, but that is slightly less important than the splitter.

Does the gloss black have a colour code assigned? It looks metallic or did when I cleaned it the day before the accident. Lol.

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Im sure the black on the front blade is just gloss black, The Mirrors and handles are a metallic. At least on mine anyway

7. Pretty sure that was the part they quoted me when I had it replaced. I suppose only Renault can tell you :smile:

8. Pretty lucky that didn't go through the bumper itself! Could have caused some big damage.
    Did you get the name off the truck? I would be contacting them.

i didn't think the front black parts were normally painted?

If you do find you need the blade I have a brand new one still in the Renault packet I bought before.

9. Nope, was just unnamed trailer.

As for front not being painted, would make sense with how it's crazed with the hit. Well it needs painting now anyway. Lol

And I'll keep it in mind about your spare. If I need it and if it means staying away from Renault then I'm all for it.

10. Ovy

Ovy

The lower spitter can be removed from the bumper via torx and clips on rear of bumper but it's a pain in the ass. ( there are two diff types with or without drls) As for the rubber like lower lip it's easier to put screws through the locating holes to attach it to the bumper on refitting rather than the stupid circular clips

11. I think I'll fit it like that. No point messing with fancy clips. Just screw it on, hopefully the part of the bumper it attaches to isn't too badly damaged.

Haven't had time to look at yet, typical horrible weather and work commitments.

12. I agree... I think this is the blade as well... I've seen them sold separately on ebay (used), so they can be removed from the rest of the bumper somehow..

13. Well this is now fixed and thought I'd update with what I paid incase anyone else needs to buy the parts too in the future.

The chin spoiler was £66 + vat from main dealer

The blade was £80 + vat from main dealer.

So in all, not priced too bad really compared to what I was expecting.

14. Ovy

Ovy

Was the blade pre painted?

15. It's not painted it's black ABS plastic. You can buy it in red, black and also plain to be painted.

16. Tex

Tex

Bump. Anyone got part numbers for the black one?

17. 250 shape is 620720057R