Testing the water - Unique r26

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by SteveKozy, Feb 15, 2023.

Should I sell her?

1. Yes - I'd buy it now!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - But not for that price

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No - You'd be daft - keep it

100.0%
  4. No - Hate it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I'm thinking of parting ways with my R26. So i am testing the water to gauge interest and price as I'm unsure on both.

The car is fairly well known with plenty of media inc. photoshoots for Caffeine and Machine and YT videos for likes of Calvins Car Diary amongst other bits and bobs.

It is a fairly unique (ish) build and the car garters alot of attention wherever it goes due to the rarity and I think the condition is overall very good for its age.

Spec wise this is a fast road built car - never tracked. There are a few o/s bits I'd do if I were to keep her but she is up and running beautifully with plenty of performance to back up the way she looks.

She is finished in Silver with all original decals (inc. Roof) in place. I have replaced the window F1 commemoration stickers as they were peeling at the edges.

Bodywork wise, she's very clean, one of the cleanest I've seen up close, but bare in mind this is a driven car, there are marks commensurate with age.

Spec wise.

Mk3 Engine - Fully Forged inc. Wossner Pistons / PEC Rods / ACL Bearings top/bottom / ARP Headstuds. Mileage on shell just over 90k. Mileage on engine roughly 4500 - 5500 since build.

Hybrid stage 2 20T TD04

Walbro 255 lph pump in Mk 3 cradle.

630cc Injectors

Airtec 95mm Core Intercooler

KTEC Induction

Miltek 3" Turbo Back Exhaust inc. KTEC 3" Downpipe

Billet Fuel Rail & Custom AN Lines

Billet Single Flywheel
    R26R Clutch

Full adjustable BC Coilovers (Fast Road Geo).

MK 3 Brembo 4 pot front brakes
    355mm Godspeed 2 piece floating rotors (G-Hook)
    PFC Z Rated Front Pads
    Rear 330m Godspeed G-Hook Discs (inc. Bearings)
    DS2500 pads.

Fully polybushed throughout - inc. all adjustable bushes upfront where appropriate (I can list the full kit if you require).

Sabelt 330mm Front Steering Wheel

Full Interior present inc. Android Headunit. Perfectly useable as a daily driver OR a bit of an animal if you stripped it out.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Tyres 234/40/180 on 18" Speedline Corse Turini (not in pics). Unmarked and only fit in Nov/Dec 2022.

Recent work asides what is listed above (which was all done since last Feb).

New Coil Packs x 4
    New Plugs x 4
    New O2 Sensor
    New Throttle Body
    New PCV lines
    Oil service
    New fuel pump (also have spare walbro pump).
    New Injectors
    Reconditioned Hubs x 2
    Spare reconditioned driveshafts x 2
    New Bulbs
    Fire extinguisher.
    New window regulator

I do all the maintenance items myself , like oil, plugs, coils etc Else all other works as above have been carried out by Floyd at RS Four Ashes/KTEC Midlands.

Performance wise. She was dyno'd at 347hp with an adjustment manually after to the wastegate this should be circa 350-360hp.

Currently running 330hp while waiting on new pressure regulator and FPR fitting (will be done when sold). So should be mapped to see 360+hp.

She will currently do a 5.3 second 0 - 60 time - no launch control, me shifting GPS Verified and a 5.8* 20-70mph. GPS Verified. She is a sub 5 second to 60 car if that is your thing, but its really how this car corners, grips and brakes that all the fun is about.

I'm about £30K into this car with the build work, parts, labour, etc. I Know i would not get all of that back.

I'm thinking £14,995 for the car. It takes into account is condition, work done, performance, love for it. I know I have to put a price. I wouldn't really. I would discuss with prospective buyer as i know some of you will scoff at it. But I think its good value and ultimately its my car and how I value it is down to me. Even if that means it doesn't sell. But the market for these is on the up. Despite a few visual modifications she is a standard looking car that is still daily driveable.

It would include the private plate R26 ASF which is valued circa £1k.

Bala_36.jpg Bala_28.jpg Bala_44.jpg Bala_2.jpg Bala_6.jpg Bala_13.jpg Bala_47.jpg Bala_32.jpg