TDI tuning chip

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by mrsixxxx, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Please don't boot me of the forum for asking this question but I was thinking of fitting one of these into my mercedes a class A200 amg sport, yes I said Mercedes, the reason I ask on here is that I have tried asking the question on a mercedes specific forum only to be met by a wall of silence, there not exactly a talkative lot i'm finding out . many of my questions on here regarding my RS have always had a response of some sort. I'm not looking for information specifically about results for the merc just the company itself as it caters for the RS as well. I know a lot of people will say why bother with the cost of a chip when remapping would be better but I want something removable and undetectable due to warranty cover. has anyone fitted one of these to their RS and what were your thoughts on gains ?

2. So i'm judging by the silence that no one on the forum has ever thought about about a plug and play chip for their rs then . Oh well .

3. I've just seen TDi Tuning post on Facebook. Frankly, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. They claim their box pushed a standard 275 Nav to 333bhp with no other mods, and they don't even have a rolling road!

The 275 has closed loop fuelling, thus a "plug and play" piggy back box won't work. After years of trying, the best results anyone has ever seen from a PROPER remap is about 310bhp on an otherwise standard F4RT engine.

This is why everyone goes to places like RSTuning, for a full live remap of the ECU.

ultralight likes this.
  4. Oh and they just deleted my comment requesting a Rolling Road printout, then banned me from commenting any further.

Excellent.

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

RST doesnt exactly live map them though...

6. Depends on what you pay for I suppose.

Either way, a piggy back box doesn't work with the 275 engine and I'm sure it's the same with earlier ones too

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Eh? You cant live map any of the Mk3's, Regardless what you pay for.

A file will be uploaded on to the ECU, The car ran up then said fit tweaked. Not live mapping by any means of the imagination.

8. I mean in terms of the services offered by RST across the board.

I'm not specifically talking about Megane live mapping as the original post was a question about a diesel Mercedes

9. Sorry didn't specify at the time but it's a petrol merc

10. Either way, I wouldn't hand my money over to TDi Tuning given their dishonesty with other products.

Not sure if burger tuning do a piggy back box for A200 engine, the JB4 box they make for the BMW M135i/M235i/335i is supposed to be good. But that's an engine that has tuning potential

http://burgertuning.com/mercedes_benz_products.html