Swivel bearings wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Jimmy'srs, Apr 1, 2020.

1. As in title if anyone has any spare swivel bearings for sale, also r26r spoiler, quickshift

2. phil watkins on here for the quickshift..he refurbs the entire unit on exchange.If you do anything to the car..do this.

Mossyv6 likes this.
  3. Thanks for reply, don't really need a full refurb on the swivels though i was just going to renew the bearings as going to remove to replace a broken alloy upright,

4. Good to know. Thank you.

5. no mate...i mean he refurbs the entire actuator that the quickshift linkage is operated by.
    They ALL in the end get tight,which makes the shift stiff,and gives a non centering gearstick.
    So if it hasnt been overhauled,it will need it doing.

6. Oh right I thought you did a typo regarding the swivel sorry, gearshift actually feels good & was thinking of adding the short shift mod to it

7. it transforms the shift quality.If its short and positive,its probally been done.The original shift is rubbery and vague.

Si271 likes this.
  8. Totally agree, recently fitted mine..... Definitely the best mod you can do! Highly recommended!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

9. No it's not rubbery or vague maybe it has been done then,

andrewjeffs likes this.
  10. So if the linkage has been refurbed previously, would adding a short shift gear linkage shifter still reduce the throw of gearchanges ?

11. Depends on if the short shift linkage was fitted at the time.al it is,is a relocation of the ballistic on the linkage to reduce the throw.you can only know for sure if you remove the battery tray,to expose the linkage.it will have a section removed from it,and the stud placed in that section

12. Ok, I will remove Batt tray to have a look, not sure what I'm looking for though as not seen a std one to compare, is there anything obvious to look for ?

13. 24594174969_73db42285e_c-jpg.jpg

Jimmy'srs likes this.
  14. if its got a shortshift,it will have this machined area,with the ballstud in it.If its original,obviously, no machined area,and the ball stud still fitted to the hole on the right on the linkage.

15. proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi79.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj132%2Fcanky%2F_86%25201_zpsuzt31owk.jpg
    standard..

16. Awesome will be on it tomorrow, thanks v/ much

17. Result already been modified,well happy saved some cash to spend elsewhere no doubt

Attached Files:

18. I would like to say a big thumbs up to andrewjeffs, your help & advice is much appreciated, thanks

19. no probs...remember,if the shift feels stiff,or the gear lever wont self center..the actuator is the cause.