Suspension advice .

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by JBLACK, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Morning all,

I'm looking to lower my Mégane 265 as the cup suspension is abit high for my liking. It does handle well as it is, but what can anyone else recommend to drop the car to a nice hight so I can't fist the arch way [emoji23]. Apparently H&R doesn't drop it low enough. Looking for a solution that doesn't break the bank but Improves handling and looks good. e86decb0c4b2dda2b942ea51c82f12ab.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

2. It's either spring or coilovers

3. Cheers for your response buddy.

I'm aware it's one or the other , was looking for recommendations, Brands people experiences.

4. There's lots of threads on here to dig up.

Not sure you're going to here anything other then whats already been said a thousand times on the subject.

5. Well you have already ruled out springs, so that just leaves coilovers...

6. A lot of people fitting BC coilovers. Supposedly very good and at a sensible price. Give CGR automotive a call. They seem to know their stuff for setting up the BC coilovers.

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Is it going to see much track use?

If it's mainly road I wouldn't bother with coilovers, best way to ruin the MK3s brilliant road handling

8. Well he will have to get used to fisting his arches and fit springs then lol

9. Mikey [emoji1610] lol it's 25% track the rest road

10. Anyone tried Cooksport ?

11. No, no one in the whole world has ever fitted them to their Megane.....

I thought they were hard and crashy, the H&R are much better

12. Looking at the H&R or the Grams sport springs. Apparently the Grams sport is suppose to be good.

13. Plenty of people have fitted Grams on here, good feedback so far

14. I have new gram springs for sale in the for sale section if you are interested.

15. I have cooksport on my car and they feel almost exactly the same as standard cup springs. If H&R are not low enough then you will have to go for coilovers.

16. Did it lower your car good ? I'm guessing H&R is the best to get the height I'm looking for. The question is do they handle the same as the cup springs or better ?

17. It drives the same as it did on cup springs, just looks better.

Attached Files:

18. Looks good buddy you telling me the H&r sits lower than that ?

19. Mine is on cooksport not H&R

20. I no buddy. Was just saying / assuming the H&R sit lower ?

21. 6DCCAAFD-8622-42AA-B829-F05084AB7AA4.jpeg

On H&R. Honestly I think they are good but not quite the perfect match that the cup springs and dampers are. Not that that’s surprising though. Just a little harsher. Handles amazing still though. And looks way better.

Jamie230 likes this.
  22. Ive just ordered a set of h&r after seeing this picture the car looks great. Was going to wait and get coilovers but after reading a lot about them ive found id be better with springs as i dont do track days etc.