R26 Suspected turbo problems

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Eggcakes, May 9, 2014.

1. Was fitting new dump valve today and pound oil in my old t piece I'm just wondering how major this is car seems to drive fine and no smoke jus wondering if it's gonna be new turbo or just a case of replacing an oil seal an help appreciated as it's a bit worrying thanks

2. Depends on how much oil mate. is it soaking or just a slight film ?

3. U will always have oil in your boost pipes just depends how much

4. Seemed like more than I'd expect I'll check my oil in the morning and see if it using any

5. I found some in mine too mate doubt its anything to worry about just catches in the ribbed old hose

6. If your using excess then turbo or rings are going generally.

7. This is what I'm afraid off I'll keep an eye on the oil for a couple of weeks it runs nice and doesn't smoke so fingers crossed

8. I had this and took it to the lovely gents at Birchdown, they had a look and said its perfectly fine.

9. Your always gonna get some oil as the oil breather recirculates oil vapour back through the air filter

10. I'll go to work take a pic inside of my old t piece tomorrow and show u all although I have wiped a little out with my finger already