265 Superchips remap...ECU Code P0302...Linked?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Hi,

I mapped my 265 with the bluefin about 2 months ago now, I also have the bluetooth OBDII reader and torque app. Over the first month of use of the bluefin map I did a few ecu fault code scans at random and nothing came back :smile:

Today on the way into work I decided to run it again as it had been a little while (paranoid lol) it is pulling back fault code P0302 misfire deteced on cylinder 2. I cleared the code and drove on a few minutes, refreshed and again it pulled this same code.

Now I have to be honest I have not noticed the car driving any differerntly or exhibiting any problems or lumpy idle etc.

My question I suppose is, what can cause this code and is it possibly linked to the bluefin remap? Should I try loading my old OE map back to the car clearing the fault code and seeing if it comes up then?

Thanks

2. Nah it cant be the Bluefin as thats all rumours by tuners to drum up extra work don't you know? :wink:

The problem with returning to standard and seeing if it reappears is like you pointed out; the problem appears random so you wont know if returning to standard has helped or if the problem just hasnt reoccured again. At this point I would just keep going and see if/how frequent this problem presents itself.

3. To add, I have got no lights on the dash and have not noticed the car perform any differently...I just happened to scan the scu for faults and there it was...What is the likely underlying cause of this code?

On a seperate note, car is due 1st service in 800 miles, is there any point loading the OE map before taking it to Renault or are they not likely to care or notice the remap?

4. i would put the stock map back on for the service, one of the benefits to having bluefin. It may just need a new set of plugs.

5. Dealers can read how many times it's been flashed anyway. I wouldn't have thought it'd be the bluefin. I'll scan mine when I next get it out, I've been running their map for a year.

Surely if it was an active fault it'd throw a warning light up?

6. That's what I though, no lights on the dash and the car drives fine, no lumpy idle or anything so I am not sure what is going on really...

7. i heard the bluefin resets the flash counter?

8. That would be really nice if it does, can anyone confirm?

9. Yeah that would be handy!

10. Read this on a GTI forum.

"The Bluefin device resets the flash counter to whatever it was before you reflashed ... so it isn't obvious you have been using the device :wink: The unit also clears fault codes that were generated during the remap process as they can indicate a car may have been reflashed / mapped ..."

11. I have emailed superchips to get an official answer on this. Will share their reply.

12. I'd be really interested in this reply Oink.....always fancied a Blufin re-map but really worried about losing warranty ect if Renault ever found out!

13. Wouldnt touch one with a barge pole

14. Anyone able to tell me which is cylinder 2? Might take a quick look today myself.

15. Industry standard is cylinder one closest to flywheel but I guess manufacturer can do it anyway they see fit.

16. Well, just a little update for anyone that cares, the misfire code is gone from the ECU (I cleared it) it had been continually returning and I could feel and hear a small misfire when idling, however I again cleared the code and now it has not returned, also the car is idling perfectly again, I can again hear and feel that the misfire itself is gone.

Not sure what happened, maybe a bad batch of fuel or something because I always fill at the same place so I wasn't personally using different fuel, hopefully the misfire stays away :smile:

17. So my original query to superchips below and their response which i just received;

===========================================================
    Subject: General Comment
    Content:
    Hi,

Can you please confirm for me if the bluefin handset resets the flash
    count on the ECU after each flash takes place? Specifically, I want to
    know the answer in relation to my 2013 Megane 265 Cup.
    ============================================================

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry. Sorry for the lateness of this reply.

One of our dealers is also a Renault dealer, and he says the official
    Renault tool leaves a marker when it reflashes the ECU but does not
    detect any activity by our products.

Kind regards,

Dominic