250 Superchip before and after remap graphs

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Crombe76, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Awesome news! Can't wait to head over there myself :smile:

2. Bah! Speaks for itself, glad you got it sorted!

3. These threads are terrible for anyone trying to resist booking it in :tongueout:

4. I know, at least it gives an honest and unbiased review of some of the options out there with before and afters. When I was trying to make decision I tied myself up in knots with if's,buys and maybes. Hopefully this will help others to make an informed decision. It's a bit like temptation island though

5. Crombe76...thanks for your post, it has been a good reading. My 250 does seem a bit flat, and the supposed 0-60 times is way off the mark that everyone else has posted and claims. It is in for a service next week so will ask them to change the spark plugs too if it is not in the service schedule.

So how much for a remap at RST?

6. Spark plugs due at 37.5k I believe. The map is £474 inclusive of VAT

7. £474!! I had £300 in my head for some reason. It's definitely worth it though looking at those figures.

8. So I'm a little confused, it was 277 with the blufin but 300 custom? What was the reason for your original low 240 factory figure?

9. Rev limiter kicked in at 5.5k, May have to look at the thermostat as it took a while to heat up and turn the limiter off. The 240 was put down to that.

10. So was there anything dangerous with the blufin or was it just a little down on the custom?

11. Running very lean according to Paul on the superchip. post reset to stock map it was still lean, Paul said superchip had messed up the air to fuel and he reset it with the RS tuner then tweaked it from there to get the mix less lean.

12. Do you have an AFR read out? I'm more tempted to approach Superchips with some proof and get them to rectify for free rather than paying out again for a custom.

13. Didn't get a print out of that one in the pack, did ask for it and presumed it was in there but it wasn't for the 305 run. I do have another one from earlier.

14. I've emailed Paul to see if can send out the 277&305 runs with fuel data

15. Ps Ben for info I complained to superchips that my first map was a bit laggy in lower revs and they sent a 2nd one through they'd customer that after 5 miles put my car into limp mode on the m3, it was then I decided a custom rather than generic map was for me the way forward. The original map was good but needed a bit more grunt at low revs for motorway overtaking.

16. So what did it make bhp wise with bluefin? Sorry if you've already posted that just getting my figures correct.

17. 274 with novatech read out, 277 with rs tuning road for blue fin. 305 with RS custom map

18. Wow. That is incredibly lean, and running 12.5 on wot is a little ( lot! ) dangerous. It then richness up substantially towards the end...

19. Yep, that's a good one to send to superchips. Hopefully with solid proof they won't fight rectifying the problem.

20. I wonder if your firsts superchips map ran safe AFR hence nobody has damaged their engines yet and the updated version they sent you was too lean hence the car running into limp mode, did you pull any fault codes from it whilst in limp?

21. No mate was too stressed Sat on the m3 waiting for the engine to cool down to use the blufin as the ecu locks until it cools. The dash send check ignition

22. Don't blame you. Seems odd nobody else has had limp mode with the standard map, I really have to get mine AFR checked on the original supplied blufin map to get to the bottom of this.

Appreciate letting chew your ear off but obviously I'm running the blufin and if it's dangerous then that's not something I want to be using, but at the same time £450 odd and a three hour drive to RST is absurd when you've already spent £300 on a bluefin lol.

23. I'm looking to book my 250 in for the RSTuning map soon.

I'd be interested to find out how the standard intercooler holds out with 300+ bhp? Or is the standard item over engineered to cope with the extra power/heat etc? Any other issues such as clutch/box/diff with the extra power/torque?

24. I think a few running bluefin on there clio200/197s had them checked on rollers and had lean running issues, the new clio 200 edc is having issues running a bluefin..

25. Temp wise running at previous levels 3 hr drive from Leeds no issues. Power to the front wheels is fine no torque steer or any other issues I can detect so far. Early days so if anything changes I'll put updates up.

26. Thanks for sharing Crombe, It's what we have been saying all along so its good to have some proof. It's also the reason I avoided Superchips/Bluefin and went for Henk's fastchip.nl map instead.

27. No worries fella ^

28. Got a reply from Paul, the earlier graphs I mentioned for air and fuel are actually the before and after at the wheel figures for the 277&305bhp runs so they do show the Blue fin v the RS map and the difference in the fuel mix ratios for comparison purposes. Sorry for any confusion in my haste to post the info up I got a little confused