Sunstrip..

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by Ash87, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Fitted a sunstrip last night.

Matte black. Controversial. Marmite. Done.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374843319.241188.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374843370.268175.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374843415.784933.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  2. Good timing - I was just thinking about one of these to conceal a very small stone chip at the top of my screen (filled but still visible).
    I think a plain one like this looks OK actually - not too "boy racer". I'd probably go for gloss finish for less contrast with the glass, but it's personal preference.

What depth is it and do you have a link? I read that, strictly speaking, you shouldn't have any kind of sticker encroaching into the swept area of the wipers but, looking at yours, I think it would have to be a pretty bored officer/MOT tester who'd pull you up on that. I don't even think you'd notice it driving past on the road.

3. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

I bought a roll of matte black vinyl off ebay and then measure and cut to suit.

Its the depth of the bottom of the rain sensor in the middle. Obvs that and auto lights dont work now but hey.

4. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Oh and yh will fail mot as it encroaches the wiper area but fine if you know a man that can :wink:

5. For the price of a piece of vinyl it's not even the end of the world if you have to peel it off at MOT time.
    I wonder if the wipers will scuff the vinyl over time? Again, cheap enough that you could replace it if that happened.
    I'm one of those sucker R owners who paid extra to not have things like rain sensing wipers and auto headlights, so no worries there!

6. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Haha yh exactly that, i had enough vinyl for a 'test' one (cut too small lol) and enough left for another or any other bits i want doin.

thinking maybe mirror caps but they would be a bitch i expect

7. Gimp mask? Might hurt when you tear if off though.

8. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Looks good. Putting mine on in the morning. Went to put one in Josh's Megane and where it's so hot the material just stretches which isn't ideal.

9. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Lol at the gimp mask.

Yeah we did it last night took longer than i thought though, kept getting bubbles which are a bitch.

10. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Had one on for lm2012. Ripped it off on way home as rain sensors were covered.

11. My rain sensors are my eyes and, when outdoors, my bald patch :worried:

12. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

I will have one for LM2014 :wink:

13. i can supply you with vinyl if required..pm for details.

14. Lee pm sent

Rich

15. I like that, might be nicking that idea

16. Dan

Dan

17. looking good, ive got a sunstrip on mine aswell :smile:
    [​IMG]

18. Dan those ones just plan black which you cut to correct size and they send you a separate sticker with R26r on so if you want you don't actually have to stick the R26r sticker on it plus they do lots of colours

19. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Made an addition to it at FCS ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375278853.016740.jpg

20. I fitted one too, a little higher so the sensor is still active :-) just need my site decals to turn up and I'll bang one of them on there.
    [​IMG]
    051f373b14daea885e07fb2b1f3bc87c_zps310b36f1.jpg

21. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Looks good mate

22. Mine is on the inside so the rain sensors etc still work

23. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Where the rain /light sensors on the meganes?

24. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Middle top

25. Added my RSMEGANE decal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Very nice mate

Sorry I didn't get to meet you glen at the track day

John took us around in his for a couple of laps thinking of stage two now

Rich

27. I didn't go in the end as I had a meeting in brummy I couldn't get out off :-/

28. It's a shame mate you missed a great day

29. subtle finishes like you guys have done are spot on....tempted myself. I just hate it when you see sunstrip's with Motorsport or Corsa SRi on etc, they look gash! lol