Sudden change to clutch engagement point

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by xevman, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Hey guys, first time posting on here. I currently own a Megane RS275 Cup and have recently only got it up to 19,000KM. I hardly drive the thing but one thing i've noticed is the sudden change to clutch feel. As of the last 2,000 or so KM The clutch biting point seems to be higher up all of a sudden where from memory it used to be lower down. It starts to bite in the middle of the pedal travel but I could have sworn in the past it was in the lower half of the pedal. Everything else seems to be fine though, gear changes are smooth no grinds or anything even during high RPM changes. Anyone else had this experience before or am I just overthinking things? I'm just a bit concerned as it is quite a sudden change and don't want to fit the bill for a clutch replacement in the near future if it wearing quickly. (The car is under warranty but clutch being a wear and tear item I don't have much of a case).

2. See sport mode gives you a more pronounced bite point than normal mode, but at 19,000 km i wouldn't have thought the clutch would be on its way out. Have you checked fluid level in the reservoir tank?
    Also I've noticed on mine that changes in season affect the clutch pedal. For me it affects feel of the pedal but not the bite point i think.

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Sport mode makes zero difference to the clutch

4. Well we just had a sudden cold snap in Melbourne Australia and it feels as though that the clutch feel has gone back to normal... weird.

5. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Generally when the bite goes higher its the clutch on its way out, not sure if these are self adjusting or whether its at the end of the adjustment and due a clutch.
    worth changing brake fluid and bleeding the clutch at the same time