225 Stripping forge DV

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Harri, Aug 13, 2014.

1. How easy is this and how easy to put back together. Also what is recommended for cleaning it? This last one may sound retarded but I have no idea, does it need lubrication when putting it back together?:confused:

2. I also wanna know this. I need to get a stiffer spring also!

3. Not sure about what lubrication to use but they are dead simple to take appart, 8 screws iirc. Not many moving parts, assister spring coloured spring and valve then two halves for the outer body :smile:

4. As said it's an easy job that even the least mechanically minded person could attempt lol.

5. Just make sure you hold both ends of the body when removing the last screw otherwise it springs open and the screw goes flying across the garage.

It comes from Forge with a red grease which looks to me something very similar to engine build grease.

6. What spring is standard? Green or yellow?

7. I thought it was green? That's the weakest one.

8. Green on a 225 and yellow on a 250.

Reds the weakest they offer and blue the strongest plus upto two shims between the colour codes.

9. Noob question here but what are the actual gains of a DV? Is there any cons?

10. What benefits come with a stiffer spring? Seen a few comments on this before but I have no clue?

11. 1. Dump valves offer no difference in performance. Be it recirc or atmospheric.

2. Theres no benefit to be had with a stiffer spring unless the current one is leaking on boost and isn't stiff enough. If you put a spring in that's too strong you'll end up with compressor stall and potentially damaging your turbo after a long period of time.

You should be getting no flutter sounds when you come off the throttle, if you are the spring is too strong. Also you should not be able to hear any air leaking from the dump valve on boost. If you can its leaking and the spring is broken or too soft.

12. There's certainly a benefit to a valve being fitted to prevent turbo stall be it a dump or recirculation valve. The difference between the two is negligable in our application, although the recirc is certainly the least 'chavvy' depending where stand on the matter.

13. Nope no flutter sounds what so ever! But as when I'm driving car on boost the exhaust is pretty loud, best way to hear that air leak????

14. I'm sure you'd hear it. It'd be quiet loud. If all seems okay I wouldn't worry about it.