R26 Strange sound on gear change

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Adz07, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Ever since I've had my engine rebuilt I've had a strange sound on every gear change along with the pttff of the DV.

To me it sounds like it's coming from the Forge actuator. My question is, if the spring in this actuator is not strong enough (It's the standard colour IIRC) could this lead to a sound that is probably best described as punching a turkey in the nose?

2. Punching a turkey in the nose is called turbo chatter. Basically this means the dv doesn't loose enough pressure in the system. Take the dumpvalve apart and cleane it, lubricate with indeustrial vaseline after and it should be sound :smile:

3. Yeah given the DV a good clean out and lube already, I've got a HKS SSQ on it, but still exactly the same noise. Think I might just have to book into RS for another session on the rollers and see what Paul suggests. It was doing it when I last went to RS so if it was chatter I would have thought he would have mentioned it. Just wanted to see if any one else has had this sort of thing before.

4. Hks ssqv should be fine, running it on my car aswell. Is it a genuine one though?

Had a non genuine one on one of my customer cars which wasn't opening the second stage

5. It is a genuine one, only difference is I've got the gold insert in. It's strange... I'll try and record the sound on my way home tonight.