250 Strange Noise from DV

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by CurtisFarringdon, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Hi,

Fitted a Forge DV & Blanking plate last weekend but hadn't really driven until today.

The sound is as expected when under heavy load, however at lower revs after the familiar 'whoosh' or flutter from the DV there is a strange noise. It's hard to describe but is louder than the 'whoosh' and sounds more like a rub/bang?

Any suggestions would be helpful.. TIA

2. It'll be difficult to diagnose without a video or recording of the sound. Might be an idea to try and record it so we can hear it :smile:

3. Thanks for replying Joe.

I’ve tried to record the noise but the mic is only picking up the dump valve or wind noise (if trying to capture with window down)

I was hoping it would be something common but perhaps not..

4. I Can't comment on the 250. However when I had a Forge dump valve on my car (R26), if you let off the throttle at low boost it would flutter due to the stiffer spring in the dump valve not opening as easy as the standard recirc.

5. Do any of these pictures help with checking it’s installed correctly? I left the standard spring in and am getting all the normal noises.

The problem is when under some or full load when you let off between 1k and 6k. Near the redline and problem noise isn’t really noticeable..

Attached Files: