250 Stock Intercooler vs Map

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by MorganJames, Dec 20, 2019.

1. I'm looking at getting the Meg mapped early next year. It is currently completely stock bar a BMC CAI panel filter. How do the temps cope when its mapped to around 300bhp? Do i need an up rated intercooler to support it or will the stock one be fine?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

2. I was told it’ll be fine for road use. Recommended for track use.

MorganJames likes this.
  3. DV8

DV8

If you want to get more out of the map i'd def recommend fitting an uprated intercooler.

MorganJames likes this.
  4. To maximise the cost remap should really give engine something more efficient to work with like FMIC, decat, intake, turbo stuff like that

MorganJames likes this.
  5. Depends how you use the car. For normal road where you ocasionally "step on it" for a few twisties there is absolutely no need. I have pretty much exactly same temperatures like before using R.S monitor. I can imagine that half an hour on the track might be a different story, but that doesnt bother me.
    Obviously it also depends if the chip is done properly.

MorganJames likes this.
  6. Thank you for all the above replies, just to be on the safe side i think i'll change the intercooler to a wagner as id prefer it not to cover the radiator as it will be seeing on or two track days (silverstone + ring)

7. DV8

DV8

It's more the fact that the tuner can make more use of the cooler air and hence give you more power.

MorganJames likes this.