R26 Stirring porridge

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Geoff230F1, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Good evening, my R26 gear stick feels so loose that I keep missing 3rd and I wondered if there is a proper fix to tighten it all up as I imagine it would have been from the factory. I have seen a video on youtube of a guy who drills into the body of the gear stick and pops the white ball joint cup back into place. I don't want to do this as it looks like a proper bodge. I would like a shorter throw from the gearstick but K techs options seem very expensive. What are my options?

2. Engine Dynamics do a short shift linkage mod... Think it's about £70 ish.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks mate I will have a look at that

Si271 likes this.
  4. Do the mod to your own selector. I’m sure if you search you’ll find information on carrying this out. It basically involves removing the actuator from the box, getting a section milled out and moving the ball stud about 20mm. Whilst you’re in there, drill out the nylon bush with a 10mm (iirc) drill bit which frees up the stick coming back to neutral.https://rsmegane.com/threads/short-shift.1898/

5. dont look at that!
    The engine dynamics shortshift linkage is to small to work correct with the R26 linkage.
    It will make you miss shifts all over the place,and being to light,its moving to fast for the actuator to keep up.

What you need to do is contact Phil Watkins on the facebook page of this site.
    He refurbs and adds the correct shortshift to later type actuators like yours.

It will transform your shift.

Hes a straight up guy,that wont charge anything like KTEC, for exactly the same thing!

Chris79 likes this.
  6. What Andrew said!

7. So this isn't the way to do it......Looks like a real bodge

8. never seen that before.Had to grit my teeth just to put up with the fkn muzak!

9. Thanks, I have contacted Phil and will be ordering 1. That you tube video is painful isn't it

10. not even sure what hes doing..but the drilling bit looked nasty.