225 Sticky Gearshifts + not centering

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ant33t, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Thanks. That's where I may get into trouble as my mechanic toolkit is spanners, screwdrivers, hammer and wd40 :grinning:.

At least I've narrowed it down to something specific thanks to this site and not a gearbox strip down, so my best bet is probably to get it into a mechanic and point him in the right direction.

2. Nooooo. Continue your research (you’re in the right place), make a plan (decide how you’re going to do it and what tools/supplies you need), put things in place (gather the tools/supplies......then have a go yourself!You’ll be surprised at what you can achieve.
    The money you spend on a mechanic will buy you the tools to do the job. [emoji1303]

Jukidam likes this.
  3. I have a instruction how to get the instructor out. Write me your email address here or as a private message and I will send you a pdf.

It's really not a hard job!

4. Thanks everyone and thanks for the offer of the instructions Jukidam. I've sent you a 'conversation'. I think that's a private message.

Jukidam likes this.
  5. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

TimTheJedi likes this.
  6. I send you the mail =)

7. Many thanks. Really useful.

Jukidam likes this.
  8. dunno about trying it without a half decent kit,and reasonable mechanical knowledge.
    I have seen all manner of mistakes taking these out.
    They also lately seem to be getting very difficult to remove,as the mating faces of actuator and gearbox rust together.
    Luck of the draw.
    But if you are going to have a go..make sure you are very clear with each step of the process.