Steven878's r26 build thread

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Steven878, Jul 23, 2013.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Pretty much at the top of the pedal so loads life left i guess?

As i say it doesn't do it all the time, bit random in when it does it tbh.

If we get a meet organised i'll need to take you out to show you :smile:

2. The your foot is almost right off the pedal before it stalls?

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah pretty much Steven, That a good thing?

4. Nope! The friction disc is worn so take longer for the clutch to engage, hence the higher bite point. I would start saving for a clutch mate :worried:

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Bollocks, Best check the old savings account then :worried:

No track days for me til the summer then LOL, Need new front pads and rear pads/discs as well soon

Gotta love Renaultsport ownership haha

6. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

I wouldn't have RS ownership any other way. I love it.

7. You can't check the clutck like that, as the preassure plate has automatic adjustment.Except if the drive plate is totaly worn.

8. Forgot about self adjusting pressure plate, but if its slipping then there must be a fault with the cover or friction disc?

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Dunno if it matters but the bite point has always been high on the pedal so it feels normal stalling where it did? :confused:

10. Think we should get a meet organised think it would be pretty good tbh. Jamie u still needn my cat?

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

At the moment no dude, Need to save for a clutch LOL

12. Aye thatl not be cheap I hope myn doesn't start slipping anytime soon

13. For sure.could be the cover.

14. hows your car going? Im sure i read somewhere you had purchased a bigger turbo?

15. Once the weather picks up we can try and organise a meet and maybe organise a go kart event or something?

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yup, Even a drive out somewhere would be good

17. Hi mate how much was ur hybrid to build phoned a company today and they said it would be about 700+vat

18. Your inbox is full mate.

19. All deleted now mate

20. Small update. Pretty boring, but essential...
    Another parts delivery from Ads.
    [​IMG]

Now got a full set of engine mounts
    O/s driveshaft bearings, seals and gaiters
    front mud flaps
    front R26 shock absorbers
    cooksport springs
    R26R fog light blanks
    turbo return pipe gaskets to fit to the car.
    Just need to get find some spare time to work on it!

Going to order some engine oil and brake fluid from opie oils and that should be the car maintenance taken care of for a while :smile:

21. Love it mate, this car is so well looked after !

22. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Cooksport springs ftw!!!

23. It's unreal the level of maintenance he has

24. What's the spec dimensions on the battery tray please need to make one.

25. Cooksport springs are brilliant :smile: Loving mine so far, will be testing them out properly this weekend with any luck.

26. sorry mate completely missed this!
    I dont kniw the dimensions of the battery tray as i purchased it from a member on the other site, but i think he sells the full induction kit on ebay...

27. Iv still not fitted mine yet!!
    My track car is now full of parts to fit to the megane, so need to clear a day or so to strip and rebuild the car.

Once i finally summon the enthusiasm to remove my hybrid turbo (passing a little oil) ill fit everything fitted then :smile:

28. How's the car running, Steven?

29. The cars fine mate. I still have a small oil leak from the return pipe and i want to send my hybrid away to be reworked, as it seems the RST hybrid is capable of 350bhp on a mk2.

You still got the 172?

30. I'm the same with the small leak, such a pain to get to.

Whens your turbo going or are you going to buy a new one ?

31. Not sure if I'll just buy a new hybrid, then sell mine or just get mine modified. Changing the turbo is not exactly the nicest job to do on a megane, so only want to do it once.
    The oil leak is from the return pipe. Iv changed the lower part and gaskets, but Renault in their wisdom decided to put a bolt under a heat shield, so it's a ball ache to change the top part of the pipe. Lol

iv still got the suspension parts to change that I bought nearly a year ago. Lol

32. The joys mate!

Yeah still got the 172 I'm slowly replacing parts on it just now but it's running great. I have to admit I'm really missing the megane though.

33. I'm planning getting my wheels painted grey soon, so need to find some wheels while the .R ones are at the painter. Also trying to get some dash parts flocked, so might have found some enthusiasm to work on the car again lol. Might even fix the oil leak aswell...

the Clio seems a better choice over the megane. Just remember all the fuel and running costs and you'll soon see sense. Lol

34. Speaking of seeing sense and cost and all that.

I still want your hybrid .....

35. Boost the clio or charge it.

My next Clio will be going down that route :smile:

36. woooooooooooooooooooooooow, this still not finished?

37. The hybrid might be passing a bit of oil so I will probably get it rebuilt instead of selling on. The guys from work say there's a blue puff of smoke when I Rev the car, then change gear and just as I press the throttle I get the puff of blue smoke...

38. The car will never be finished mate. I seem to loose interest for a few months, but something catches my eye from other build threads and I start all over again. Lol
    iv had the car 5 years now and it's changed a lot in that space of time :smile:

39. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'll need to get a proper look at it if you get the Hybrid rebuilt, Same spec as the one Paul does for the RS250 i assume? Im hoping to go down that route next year with mine

40. Yah that's the plan mate. The guy Steven on fb managed 350bhp on a hybrid, so I'll need to get mine reworked and hope to gain another 35bhp...
    really can't be bothered removing the turbo though.