Steven878's r26 build thread

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Steven878, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Good stuff.

2. See you there, mines booked in for a service on that day as well.

3. nice one mate :smile:
    will be good to catch up and maybe you can give me a lift to the train station if my engine goes bang!! ha

rst on the 24th is going to be like a megane meet :smile:

4. Ordered 2 new tyres for the front...couple of china specials :smile:

5. Daz

Daz

That'll pull well in the rain then :wink:

6. Good china specials! I can put down 320 bhp in the wet with them

7. I would never of thought of using these tyres in a million years, but gav your car was so impressive i have to copy you :wink:

8. All tyre brands start somewhere! They have improved over the years but people are scare to try somthing differnt!!

9. These china specials are pretty good mate and better than the continental 5's that are on the front at the moment. (still brand new and will be swapped to the rear)

10. I would never of dreamt of using them until you took me a run!
    Im nit saying there going to be as good as a AD08, but for what i use the car for, they will be more than adequate :smile:

11. What tyres?

12. Nankang ns2r

13. 24th booked in my diary. :smile:.
    Lee

14. Nice one mate :smile:
    Im trying to get losi boy and dazzler to come along as well :smile:

15. Ill ring tomorrow :-@

16. nice one mate, ill need to bring my camera :smile:

17. Nothing like a bit of peer pressure eh Steven.

18. lol. no pressure here mate :wink:

19. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

I'll try and come over too :wink:

20. try and make it along mate. be nice to catch up :smile:

21. Not long now !

22. Still feels like ages!

the cars been motd, couple maintenance things done and had the semi slicks fitted to the front, so pretty much ready to go :smile:

ill start another thread tonight :wink:

23. any updates?

Some machine, looks amazing. That cash must be burning a hole in your pocket :smiley:

24. Cheers mate :smile:
    I dont drink or smoke so tend to spend my money on my cars...
    Emm, not really done much with the car recently as its winter time. I fitted the hybrid turbo and got it mapped, car now runs 315bhp and 330bhp, but i have a slight issue i need to sort, then ill get it back down to Paul to be checked and maybe the map adjusted.
    last week i had to talk myself out of ordering a gtx3071r turbo kit from RSTuning and convinced myself that spending another £3600 on the car wasnt the right option, as the car is struggling to put the power down unless the roads are bone dry and iv found the car spinning the wheels on the motorway at 70mph while overtaking a lorry!

25. Pic of the graph i forgot to add to the blog
    [​IMG]

26. You should reconsider about the turbo upgrade :smile:
    Very nice mods Steven and a lovely car!

27. Cheers mate.
    I dont want to spend anymore money on it and apart from maintenance. I keep thinking about putting it up for sale, but i know ill regret it if i sold it... :worried:

400-450bhp would be fun, but it would mean keeping a spare gearbox on the shelf and rebuilding a gearbox every month.

28. Steven does you engine consume any oil and what oil are you using?
    Do you have any oil in the intake ?
    I have a feeling that my oil seal on the compressor side is leaking oil into my intake.

29. Nothing wrong with mine mate, but i know 3 people with AET hybrids on meganes that have all had issues with seals failing and dumping oil into the inlet or exhaust...
    also aet wont warrant a repair.

my turbo has only just done 1700 miles though, so plenty of time to fail.

30. We're you running a stage 1 or stage 2 remap when the piston went?

31. I was running a stage 2 map at 276bhp and 325lbft!

32. I had the same issue on my Mini Cooper S. Although i believe it was a faulty fuel injector that caused that fault.

Absolute nightmare to get it repaired.

I enjoyed reading through your thread.

33. Its a nightmare when it first happens, but you just need to suck it up and either go big or go standard :smile:
    Mine was looking like a rod, but the hard to tell from the carnage left behind.
    I changed my injectors to new standard units and ran the car on them for 1000 miles before upgrading to 630cc ones.

Thanks mate, glad you like the car, as it makes all the money and hard work worthwhile when people appreciate it :smile:
    any plans for your car?

do you know Tam with the white mk3?

34. I don't mate, the only person i really know on here is Mark with the black meg with the hybrid turbo.

35. He's not on here mate, he's from dundee, but I'm sure i seen a pic from a rolling road day with both your cars together with the etune stickers?

36. It wouldn't have been mine bud. I only got mine in October, and i only put the sticker on a couple of weeks back.

In fact i think i've seen his car doing the rounds on Facebook.

37. Yeah hes usually at most cruise things and does a bit of detailing, so theres a few pics of his car on facebook.
    im sure there was a pic of your car, a green frs and his at etune recently...

38. Fair enough mate, there must be another ly megane mapped by etune. It only sprung to mind as tam was talking to me about power issues...

I'm from Livingston mate. Maybe us Scottish boys and girls could organise a meet sometime in the new year when the weather picks up, as i think theres a few new faces :smile:

39. Id love your power and torque, I know I'm not far behind but Im still on standard internals…for now

I wee meet would be good, I can't make the Avimore one thats coming up.