Steven878's r26 build thread

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Steven878, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Stevie

Stevie Events Coordinator

Lol, you going for about 330-350 ?

2. im going to max the hybrid out mate and hopefully hit 330-350bhp. Aet recon the compressor side is capable of 400bhp+, but the turbine housing is restricting it :worried:

I'm going to fit the 3" decat and blue actuator spring along with the rest of my setup and see what happens.

3. Stevie

Stevie Events Coordinator

Sounds good ! Look forward to the results :smile:

4. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

I'll pop over to RST when you get it mapped! :wink:

Might have started my engine build my then.

5. Yeah mate pop over if your free :smile:

Get the finger out! Lol.
    when you going to add pics to your blog?

6. hopefully ill be happy with the power, if not ill start a for sale thread. Lol

7. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Got plenty of photos on my camera, literally not had time to sit down and add them / do a write up

8. I'll start saving :wink:

9. Think you will be happy with the power haha

10. think your right mate!
    that car off yours would piss mine into the weeds!!

11. Glad you liked it! Give you the kick up the ass you need to get yours mapped!

12. im trying to do cadwell and map the car in one trip :smile:

might just scrap cadwell and map it asap.

13. Wanna see the beast mate... It's nearly the 26th lol

14. gavins is the beast mate!! i cant believe how much a hybrid turbo transforms these cars!

15. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Exactly you waited long enough to do the bloody turbo :smile:

16. yeah but im thinking about getting the car mapped next week, if pauls got space for me :/

17. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

SHame your impatient lol could of hand delivered you some of the qd so you wouldnt have to pay postage :smile:

18. I need to sort this whistle/whine noise from my exhaust/turbo, then ill decide what im doing.
    im trying to hold off until the 25th. :smile:

19. Ill have a ride over when you are down.... I'm up your way at uddingston on Monday/Tuesday. Stopping at the premier inn there.

20. Ill let you know when its booked in mate, should be plenty of time for you to organise an hour away from work :smile:

uddingston! You dont half get about.

21. We get some miles in mate. Unfortunately for me I have to go where the work is.....
    i was at Rs tuning most of yesterday. I would have thought he could fit you in mate. :smile:

22. Iv messaged him on facebook, so waiting on a reply.

this noise might piss on my parade and the turbo might need to go back to AET :worried:

23. Hopefully it will be ok mate. You would be better ringing him.

24. I think the turbo will be coming back off, so no chance in making cadwell if it does :worried:

ill ring him once aet contact me. :worried:

25. Gutted for you mate, everything was going so well too.

Hopefully its a quick turn around.

26. Its a silly little noise and i cant even pick it up on a sound clip or video!
    Just want to know what it is and sort it if it needs sorting.

27. It might just be the way it is mate.

Lisa's Abarth 500 has always had a bit of turbo whistle from the exhaust, they all do it.

Hopefully nothing to worry about ???

28. stripped everything cant find any issues with instalation, theres no noise or play in the shaft. also at half throttle the noise isnt there, so guess its nothing to worry about :smile:

29. get it booked in! might take a drive down just for the journey back up :-)

30. The drive back up is boring mate, until i get to Abington services :smile:

checked last night and i only have tomorrow or the 16th free to get the car mapped, before the 25th.

31. Get it done Steve!!!! Regarding the whistle though my hybrid doesn't do it and its a stage 2 aet that Paul spec'd however I have heard other turbo cars do it like the mrs old mk 2 focus st

32. I need to get it done asap and then paul can decide if its normal or if somethings knackered. It will be easier to pin point the noise on a rolling road as well.
    The turbo isnt much different from the stage 2 unit, except it has a 20T cartridge, billet compressor wheel and a different cut back on the turbine wheel, but my induction system doesnt help as you can hear everything and it sounds like its trying to inhale the glovebox.

33. Itg kit?? I tell people it's the car sucking up dead squirrels for extra bhp. Still haven't bit the bullet to have mine forged yet as it seems alot of money to get the most from the hybrid. Would be interested to know if you could get away with just changing the rods and slightly increasing boost to get around 320bhp and a bit more torque

34. I was out a run in gavin225's forged hybrid megane on thursday night and all i can say is wow!!! I couldnt believe just how much extra grunt the car had and the power just seemed unlimited!
    So from that experience i would say forge the engine and get the most from the hybrid :smile:

cant wait to get mine mapped now.

going to send my spare fuel rail away soon to have a billet alloy one made, so i can change the fuel system.

35. i have a custom made samco/itg induction kit that relocates the filter to the wheel arch mate :smile:

36. Trying to get hold of paul to see if theres any space to fit me in tomorrow for mapping, but cant get hold of him :worried:

37. So much for the road trip?

38. cant get it booked in! Pauls fully booked for the next couple of weeks :worried:

39. Do you have it booked-in in a few weeks?

40. Cars booked in at rst for 24th of this month :smile: