265 Starting with mods

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Aviram, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Hi all,

After almost a year with my MRS3 I'm looking to gain a bit more from the engine. currently have only K&N inbox filter.
    First step is to go decat. is there anything else I can do with the exhaust system? Noise is something I find missing in the megane.

As I don't live in the UK and the car is always for road use (daily and hard use) I'm looking for something around 300-320 bhp.
    Besides the exhaust and a new remap, do you think there anything else I'm missing? I can guess doing those will reach the desired target.
    is going hybrid is enough?
    What about cooling? Intercooler?

I'm looking for just a start and a bit more. I thing 300-320 for the megane is pretty awesome and more than enough for my usage and driving abilities.

Thanks@

2. Nmp

Nmp

Just a remap will see you hit those figures.

3. Most of the guys I know with 265's say software and down pipe are enough one of the guys I know has added a thicker intercooler the rest of the dimensions are the same just the thickness is different cause a bigger intercooler restricts air flow to radiator. He has software downpipe intercooler and gt28 turbo he is making 320whp has had this setup for 20000km's plus daily driven.

I personally haven't sat in his car while it was driven hard but I know some guys with fast megs that have and they say it flies.

4. So just downpipe? not removing the cat? Likw I said, power but also noise is important here :smile:

I think that this setup plus keeping the original turbo is my aim now. Not too expensive for the result.

5. Downpipe = cat delete for a nice sound u can remove midbox as well that with software will give you the best bang for buck

6. just over 300 with CAT but will need to delete if want 320

7. A guy I know has a midbox delete on a 265 and it sounds insane in sports mode and that's with the cat still fitted

8. Mine has the middle silencer removed, and I can confirm it is epic with the sport mode on. Loads of pops and bangs