Start of my RS250 Ownership!

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Kaizasouza, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Hi, my name is Kaie from Bristol and tomorrow I pick up my first Renault in 25 years. I collect the keys and begin ownership of a beautiful Black 2011 Renaultsport 250 Lux. I can't wait. My only previous Renault was an Ereg Renault 5 GT Turbo in Graphite Metallic Grey, with Fiesta RS Turbo Bonnet vents. I loved it and it was Rapid.

Looking forward to seeing how the community is on this forum. I've owned various cars and been on the forums of the brands I have owned. M3, Audi TT, Toyota MR2 Turbo.

I am after some original factory xenon headlights so if any members have a pair for sale please let me know.

I also have 3 questions from the getgo.

1/ What would you say are the best tyres to fit onto the 250?
    2/ What exhaust set up and make would you recommend?
    3/ What would you say as experienced members should I either be doing, checking or preparing to buy or do to the 250 from the moment I pick up the keys?

Looking forward to this journey also hope you have lots of meets etc? I put up a pic once I pick it up.

2. Hi, welcome along

No such thing as "best tyres" as it will depend on your budget, what you use the car for, and what size alloys you have, Rs tuning do some good aftermarket exhausts, or just go custom and then they can make it sound how ever you want, as for ideas on mods, try reading some project logs, and again it will depend on your budget and what you want out of the car

3. Welcome Kaizasouza,

Are your wheels 18 or 19 inch? The most popular tyre choice for 18's would be the Michelin Pilot Sport 4, great all round performance plus they operate well in colder temperatures too. If you're on 19"s the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S is also an option, more performance focused but won't operate as well at lower temperatures.
    Make sure it's had a new timing belt in it's service history, probably the most major item to look for, think they're every 5/6 years or every 72000 miles. Most people will have it done earlier though for peace of mind.
    Exhaust wise you can get a mid section delete which apparently makes them a little more vocal (still not done mine yet) and is very cheap to do.
    Also don't use shit fuel, Shell V-power seems to the popular choice.
    Find a quiet b road and enjoy!

bobsan and Kaizasouza like this.
  4. Thank you for the reply and the useful info. I don't think it has had the timing belt done yet. I will check the service history. I have 19" wheels so will get some quotes. Exhaust wise great I will look into getting this done. Yeah, I gave it its first unleash yesterday and there was a very happy smile on my face. So looking forward to taking it on some nice B roads and letting loose.
    As mine isn't the cup I don't have that 0-60 information etc on my display is there a software upgrade I can upload to have this on mine. Also, my side mirrors aren't powered, I thought all the RS had power mirrors. Everything else works though. Self-locking and keyless open all work however I read somewhere that if your windows are down and you walk away when it locks it also closes the windows. Do you know if this is true or not?
    I'll be posting some pics soon. Thanks again.

5. Auto fold mirrors is an optional extra

Kaizasouza likes this.
  6. You would have to retrofit the Rs monitor on 2011 model, here's a thread on it. https://rsmegane.com/threads/rs-monitor.9913/#post-111073
    Not sure about the windows closing automatically when the car locks with hands free? If I leave mine open they will close if I hold the lock button down on the key card.

Kaizasouza likes this.
  7. Dropping the back seats or removing them if not needed makes a big difference to the exhaust sound.

Kaizasouza likes this.
  8. In regards to exhaust upgrades, if you want something loud get an aftermarket one, but if you want to improve the sound so it’s not overpowering and gives occasional pops and bangs then do the mid silencer chop. I did this on mine and was well worth it.

Kaizasouza likes this.
  9. try double clicking the lock fob button, should close windows

Kaizasouza likes this.
  10. Thank you, Paddy, for the information. In regards to the windows, I read it somewhere online so il check my history and see if I can find it and post up.

11. OK Gareth, thanks for the advice. I will try the mid silencer chop first and then see how that is and move on if needed from that.

12. You can get it installed if you are anywhere near Coventry, save sourcing a rs unit

Kaizasouza likes this.
  13. No, I'm in Bristol, however, I'm in Brum quite often so can easier zoom across to Coventry. Do you have a link or number for who to contact, please? Thank you for the help Mikey. Appreciated.

14. Brilliant. Thank you Paddy for the contact appreciated. I'll email him now.

Paddy80 likes this.