R26 Stange vibration on R26

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by kyloR26, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Hi guys im wondering if you guys can help me because I have been everywhere here in SA and I have dropped alot of cash on trying to fix this problem. My car has a funny vibration that starts very low down in the revs and depending on how I drive the car it varies in intensity. Sometimes its really bad and the whole dashboard vibrates and sometimes its completely smooth throughout the rev range.
    Things replaced so far are new clutch, flywheel and concentric, new shocks all round, top shock mounts, inner cv joints, driveshafts overhauled, new steering rack ends, new drop links, new top engine mount. And some other stabiliser bars on the suspension not too sure what they are called. Im so scared it could be the lsd, but the lsd shows no signs of being broken or worn. Please can you guys help it will be much appreciated.

2. Has the timing belt been changed or have you had the timing checked?

3. Thanks for the reply. Yes I have had the timing belt done. Had it done at the dealers about a month ago. Its a very strange vibration. You can feel it in the pedals too. And the very strange thing is that it comes and goes. Its not there all the time???

4. Check the mounts and bolts on the cambelt area if they are loose you'll get vibrations.

5. Thank you. I will give that a try and see what happens.