standard recirc?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by denbers, Aug 25, 2014.

1. anyone know if the standard recirc can put up with stage 1 boost? i know the forge one is the thing to go for but just thinking of swapping back to recirc for a bit of quiet for now ( as i have the chatter) and when funds allow i shall get the forge.

cheers

2. It works but not optimally. In my experience (and I've only just been through all this myself), I tried two standard recircs on mine at stage 1 thinking my original might be knackered. You could hear both leaking/squeaking when coming onto boost. I don't think its intended for that sort of pressure.

After putting the Forge dump valve on, there is a massive amount more of initial torque where obviously the boost is at its peak and its not escaping like it was with the standard recirc. In fact I'd urge anyone that's stage 1 to upgrade it.

3. Wat valve are u using to get the chatter?

4. He's currently running no dump valve.

5. I don't want a DV can I just blank the original ?

6. im curently running just a blanking plate. quite a few on here do, just do a search for turbo chatter.

Thought it would be a bit weak with the extra boost, better get saving now then :tongueout:

7. It will leak.

8. Daz

Daz

What do you do if you don't want a dump valve? I'm stage 1 but I'm aiming for more power soonish.

9. What do you mean daz? If you don't want atmospheric just put a forge recirc on. Replaces the standard bit and does the same job but is stronger.

10. Daz

Daz

Sorry I totally misread what you originally wrote :smile:

Yeah I need to get a forge recirc on mine soon!