Standard Boost pressure???

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by richmeg, Oct 19, 2013.

1. I've read that the standard boost pressure is 12?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've fitted a boost gauge and am experiencing pressures of around 14-16 psi, would this suggest its been mapped?

Also I seem to be spending bucket loads on fuel even with careful use of the accelerator, its reading about 24 mpg (average) on the computer.

Thanks for any input.

2. I have a digital boost gauge, it tickles 12 psi (mostly 11).
    Check the piping pal. Meganes really feel alive when they are remapped you'll know if it is or not!
    and mines 29.1 mpg urban. :smile:

3. I certainly feels lively, although haven't been able to put much power on the road as budget tyres and bad weather.

Check the piping on the gauge you mean or the boost hoses? I thought that but if it was leaking boost surely the pressure would drop . . .

29.1! blimey mine drops to around 20-21 in town/traffic . . . possibly a poor map . . .

4. Get some good tyres, you'll love the handling even more.
    Yeah check the piping isn't pinched anywhere like the bulk head, it could be trapping air making it over read or w.e.
    When I have a heavy footed week my mpg drops down to 29.0 :worried:! I haven't reset it in like 6 months though lol.

5. What is everyone else getting boost pressue wise? MPG wise?

6. I'm getting 18psi i think (Stage 1 and its been a while since i checked it), i get 31mpg mainly urban with some motorway and the odd bit of stick!
    Your mpg seems very low, does the exhaust "cough" on idle? And have you had the emissions light flash at all?

7. No the exhaust is pretty smooth sounding most of the time inc. at idle and no emissions light. I would say its the computer accuracy but then I am making lots of trips to the petrol garage.

As i said earlier in the thread not sure if its been mapped poorly. One thing i have noticed after start up the revs seem to hang up for while but I didn't think that was significant . . .