250 Stage 1

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by dinn, Sep 13, 2014.

1. How much does it cost?

I know Leeds is the best place to sort it out, but where around London I can remap engine?

As I understood it is possible to get about 290 HP (depends of engine condition), isn't it?

Does it affect lifespan of engine and other elements of car?

Is it true that car will get better mpg?

2. Just under 500 at RS I think

3. Near or sometimes well over 300bhp
    Wont effect life if its serviced well
    yes a remap increases mpg ,has in all previous cars

4. As GrumpyTwig says, RS Tuning is £495.

I did see a slight improvement in MPG after mapping but once you start putting your right foot down it is still just as thirsty.

Bear in mind that you should only be using 98/99 RON fuel especially after mapping as it will run like a pig on standard unleaded.

5. Thank you guys. Any other places closer to London? Leeds is quite far. How long does it take anyway? Is it couple of hours job, or couple of day?

6. Its worth the journey to Leeds, mapping takes no more than 30-40 minutes.

7. It is great. I assume that after that I may loose my additional warranty?

8. yep^

9. Depends on whats wrong really, obviously if they know and a drive shaft pops they won't sort it.

10. I also assume Renault technician may spot it straight away when he will plug in diagnostic device?

How does it affect "sport" button?

11. The only way they can tell it's mapped is if they check the ECU flash count.

Mapping doesn't affect the sport button.

On a 250 the sport button just makes the throttle more responsive and lessens the effect of the ESP.

12. Thank you. That is all I wanted to know.

13. thanks for that.. I was wondering myself if sport mode switched to different maps or what was going on..

14. Assume the sport button has the same effect on a 265 then? The map wouldn't effect it?

Does anyone know if it is standard procedure for a Renault technician to check the ECU flash count on a service?

15. No effect on the map with the sport button on a 265, just turns the throttle pedal into a switch :smile:

My 265 has been serviced twice since mapping and nothing has been mentioned in the service report or by the dealer

16. 265 had two maps on its sports button, 250 in normal, 265 in sports. You can either have it mapped so it xxxbhp in all modes or you can have the individual modes mapped ie, 250 normal, 300bhp in sports mode

17. Who does this Ryan? Never heard of that?

18. Rst said before they could do it

19. Ive read rs tuning do it, its was also tdf website who use rs tuning maps

20. makes sense...

21. Nice one, can't remember that getting mentioned when I got mine done. Saying that, if you get it mapped there's no reason why you'd want to turn the power down IMO :smiley:

22. Tdf??? Who are they?

23. Tour de force, based in kimbolton. They used to do maps for road cars and offer rstuning maps but they only do race and track support now.

24. I still occassionally speak to Matt, he does ex F1 car support for some very wealthy clients. I've seen some very impressive pictures!

25. Hello guys. Do you know how big notice RST Leeds needs to carry out Stage 1? I don't want to call them and mess about if I don't know date when I will be able to go.

26. He generally has quite a waiting list. Around a fortnight from experience.

27. Paul told me they can do quite short notice at the moment, I booked last Friday and am in tomorrow.

28. I rang last Wednesday and was told the 25th was the earliest they had available.