Stage 1 worth it ?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Josh_s 1991, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Thinking of going stage 1 only had the car about a month. Already use to the power and want abit more (plus abit more sound). Thinking of getting a k-tec induction kit,sports cat, then a airtec intercooler. Then I will be going to rs tuning for a remap . Anyone any rough ideas on power it will make (car only done 7k miles)? And are these the correct mods im looking at? Thanks

2. Induction kit, make your own, save the money, sports cat ok,probably better with decat + noise, intercooler, yes, others are available.Power, anything between 300 to 320ish. Could someone enlighten me on what `Stage 1` is classed as,as never understand this when used for `performance enhancements`?

3. Stage 1 is the stage before stage 2 lol. Tbh mate I hear stage 123 mentioned and haven't a clue. Seems to have drafted from the Japanese scene where they would start low with basic mods then once new turbos etc were fitted that would be stage 2. Could be wrong but that's my theory

Josh_s 1991 and T&biskits like this.
  4. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought stage 7 was 1st & stage 1 was last.:tonguewink:

5. stage 1 and 2 comes from the previous gen meganesport.
    stage 1 was a remap without mods.
    stage 2 needed a uprated intercooler and injectors.

6. No it's not worth it, why do you think we all do it...... :tongueout:

T&biskits likes this.
  7. induction kit on a mk3 is just a noise maker,wont help with power.
    sports cat a faff for what you want from the car.
    airtech is worthwhile to keep temps down.

300-ish HP with a similar torque figure.
    Will transform the cars power delivery.
    RS Tuning are highly regarded,and will do a power run first, to make sure the car is healthy, before mapping.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Proper induction setup definitely helps with power on the MK3. I ran with stock box then the injen setup back to back on the dyno to see if it did.

9. Was that with a brand new filter in stock box aswel as injen? Can you remember what gains it was

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

BMC panel filter, it made 12 or 15 bhp more with the injen

11. Big Uno

Big Uno RSM Trader

Never fully understood stages, what stage is mine? :tearsofjoy:

I think a good induction kit can help - if the OE one is restricting the engine, I thought the MK2 type is actaully fairly well designed for OE, not sure about MK3 as not owned one.
    Same as for the exhaust, but both will need a ecu tune to use the potential they may have.

I wouldnt worry about figures, you will definitely gain power from the above, and decent tune, if you are happy with the performance or gains then thats what matters.

Also depending on what you use the car for, weight loss is as good as power increase :sunglasses: I need to get on a diet..

T&biskits likes this.
  12. ' Bout time it was finished' stage?

Big Uno likes this.
  13. Big Uno

Big Uno RSM Trader

Agreed :tearsofjoy: is that stage -1?

14. Totally confused with the ' stage' thing now.

Mine was ' dynoed' at 309bhp with STD airbox & piperx panel filter. Then dynoed' again with no filter in the box & front part of box off & made 319bhp. At a later date with cone filter, made 315 bhp. So filters do help.

Big Uno likes this.
  15. And depends on type, sometimes don't help.

Big Uno likes this.