265 Stage 1 Remap

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Hey all, just a quick question, I bought a 265 cup a few weeks ago and although I have no plans to fiddle with it just yet lol, I was wondering, how "reliable/stable" a stage 1 map like the ones from fast chip or superchips are? Obviously I am concerned that mapping will void a 4 year warranty on the car that I have if say the engine packs in.

Would you guys advise against it? Does the map put too much extra strain on the car, or would it be totally fine? I realise there are no guarantees but some input from those with more knowledge on the matter than myself would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. i had my rs250 mapped by rs tuning with 3k on the clock kept it 3yrs and i sold it with 29k with no problems at all, turned it into a a beast, couldnt recommend it enough

3. Put it this way, not many on here that havnt had them mapped, including myself

4. And have any of you guys used superchips bluefin or fastchips rstuner? I am in N.Ireland so my options are limited unfortunately with regards to a live map on a dyno.

Anyone had any issues after their map? Would like to hear all opinions.

Thanks

5. Also meant to ask, how is the fuel consumption on stage 1? And what figures can be expected from a 265?

6. Would appreciate some more peoples stories...anyone had issues? How is the mpg on stage 1?

7. It will be a few better on a cruise but worse when your foot down as its pumping in more fuel

No issues heard with any 250 engines that ive seen so you would be fine

8. Thanks for the feedback.

Sure seems quiet on here, don't be shy people, post your stories or opinions...lol

9. I've used henk at fastchip for my old clio 172 and my current R26.
    Henk is regarded as one of the best tuners in europe for Renaults he designed the remote box that Fastchip and Rstuning use for remote maps, and you get an awesome diagnostic tool as well that (with additional modules) can access the ABS/ airbag / tyre sensors too which i think only the henks box and the official clip tool can do
    Can't recommend him enough to be enough tbh and a damn site cheaper than others too!

10. Henks Stage 1 seems to produce less bhp than RS Tunings Stage 1 but similar torque from previous reports on Meganesport). Not sure about the stage 2 tune though.