265 Stage 1...Question

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Opinions please...

Think I am going to be going to route of getting a remote RSTuning map done in the coming month or two. Question is;

- If you could suggest 1 additional mod (catback, decat, intercooler etc) to sit alongside the stage 1 software to benefit it most, what would it be?

2. think the only thing in that list that will benifit will be decat power wise.

3. Larger intercooler I'd go for.

4. I suppose this may depend if you do much track work or if its a pure road car?

5. Just a road car, I intend on doing a couple of track days, but by no means is it a track car nor do I intend it to be.

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Tbh i would save your money and just stick with the map unless your planning on doing extensive track work the rest isn't worth the outlay.

Save the money for some tyres/brakes etc instead :smile:

7. Only thing I would like is a bit more grunt from the car, hoping to see something from akrapovic soon for our cars.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mid box chop then, best 50 quid you will spend

9. Can you say why mid box instead of back box?

Any loss of power doing this?

Does it drone? I detest drone....lol

Any videos?

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mid box sounds better imo, have a search on my YouTube page I have plenty videos of mine with the midbox removed before I fitted the decat.

YouTube.com/zsjamie

11. How much does it cost?
    How long will it take to remap engine?
    Has it got any negative impact on engine / clutch lifespan?

12. Cheers Jamie, what about motorway drone? Any to speak of? These videos can always be misleading.

13. No drone on mine, drove to Leeds to RS Tuning and both pre and post map the exhaust sounds beautiful. Quiet driving normally through the gears. A bit more aggressively and you get the pops bangs etc. The Mrs isn't a fan of going fast or loud exhausts so it offered me the fun I wanted for when she's about and not. As Jamis said best upgrade pound for pound and I've had the remap forge dump valve etc

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mine never droned with just the mid box chop, Does a little now with the decat though

15. Bit of a thread hijack but can someone explain how the remote remap works ie the steps?

16. Harpo,

Basically you but the tuning box from RSTuning, hook it up to your car via laptop and obd port, it logs all the vital data, Paul takes that info and writes your map custom for your car. You put the map on the car using the tuning box, log more data, send it back to Paul, he fine tunes the map and you load that on, and that is you done.

Pretty simple process so I am looking forward to getting mine done.