265 Stage 1 - Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Feb 22, 2014.

1. All,

Would appreciate feedback from anyone that has had their 265/250 stage 1 remapped.

Best thing ever?
    Don't bother?

Has anyone had Renault carry out any warranty work while their car has been mapped without any fight from them?

Thanks

2. I have a bluefin superchip fitted and it does make a difference. I made the choice of getting one of these due to the fact you can remove and reinstall the map whenever you like (ei for warranty work) but I also work for a Renault dealer so I could probably get round any issues.

3. I had my rs250 remapped last week at RS Tuning and it is worth it.
    The extra power is nice but it is amazing how quickly you get used to it.
    Pal so it has to be run on 99ron fuel, She'll Vpower etc.

4. IMO I was a little disappointed when I first got my 265, it felt to me that the remap made the car what it should have been from renault. As said above its funny how quickly you get used to the extra power.

I also chose a Blufin for the convenience of remapping the car in my own garage, it was an incredibly simple process and I would highly recommend it.

5. Is it quite a noticeable difference in power the first time your drive it after the remap?

6. Yes but as said you soon get used to it.

7. Well worth it, I believe the bluefin is on eBay at the moment for under £300.

8. How does the map work on the 265? Is it normal power in normal mode the the full amount when you press sport?

9. Not sure mines the trophy model so same as the 250 where the button only controls throttle sensitivity.

I would imagine on your model it will set it to remap in both modes?

10. Have you been on the dyno with the bluefin?

11. On the 265 the increased power is there permanently. Had mine done at RS Tuning and the difference is night and day :smile:

12. RS tuning will always be your first option..faultless rep.

13. For some, like me, the distance is too much so IMO Blufin is the next best thing

14. I drove 4 hours there, 2 stops 1 for Vpower and another for breakfast and I was a wee bit quicker on the way back :wink:

Well worth it.

15. I haven't and personally not that bothered about what hp it has got the main reason I had it mapped was it makes the car better to drive and more responsive also I find it evens out small flat spots during boost.

16. On the bluefin website should I order the one for the 250 or the 265 trophy, given that mine is a 265 cup and they have no option for a normal 265...

17. I drove there from south west england to leeds...thing is,you go on the rolling road first to check that your car is running as it should before the map is added..then a power run with tweaks after the map is uploaded.
    For me,i wanted to know my £3000 engine was fine before i upped the power,and lucky i did,as i had a weak injector..even at 19k miles!
    Transformed the car,more than you could ever imagine..gives you power and torque all the way through the rev range.

18. OiNK - I got 265 too, spoke to Paul @RSTuning about the normal and sport mode power change and its not a big deal, he can customize the sport mode map without any changes to the normal mode map .)

19. Oink make an effort and go to Leeds. Not only is it the best option in terms of gains, its marginally more expensive than remote units and it is also the safest. Not to mention having before and after runs too included in the price.

20. I am in N.Ireland, so Leeds is a bit of a trip for me...options are limited here.

21. LOL! Excuses excuses :tongueout:

Yeah in that case I can see your point. Id recommend a fastchip.nl or an RSTuning remote map in that case, my 250 made 301bhp on RSTuning's rollers running Henk's (fastchip.nl) remap!

Red is the remote fastchip.nl map, Green is the live RSTuning remap by Paul:
    q22n.jpg

22. Although I agree RST is pretty much the best in the business for remapping RenaultSports I'd have to argue with the people saying it's the 'safest' option, has anyone damaged their engine from a blufin yet? And even if you were to they offer the same warranty as any rolling road tuner...

23. I have heard some people taking the bluefin map off after rolling roading it because it was running rich or lean.

24. Safe or not, has anyone done before/after rolling roads of their bluefin? I can only talk from experience and my fastchip.nl remote map achieved very similiar results to a live map, which for me is credit where credits due.

Thats why I would recommend it over the bluefin/superchips.

25. I y6eneqe8.jpg