Stage 1 map reliability R26

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by R26#2925, Mar 16, 2015.

1. As above,

I want to know how reliable is a stage 1 map? I'm lucky enough to have had no problems in the few months I've owned the R26 and would like this to continue!

RStuning would be my preferred choice!

Thanks in advance!

2. Stage 1 no issues. Just clutch will wear quicker but that's it.

3. no issues here, slightly better mpgs on the commute thanks to torque band lower down although that goes out the window when you spot a gap :tongueout:

4. Sweet cheers might be on the cards then!

5. Can't fault a stage 1, unless you're like me and get bored too easily, then you'll be spending 2k before you know it!

6. A friend of mine had a stage 2 about 5 years ago on his 225cup. He literally hammered that car from start to finish, and that was when Paul at rs tuning wasn't pinning the torque so his made something like 330flb. He did track days, at least 100 quater mile runs and general B road blasting. And after 90k miles in it it never once went wrong, not even the clutch. We checked yesterday and it's still taxed so must still be running. Testament to Paul at rs tuning and how good the meg engines actually are IMO

7. Mines been mapped (RS Tuning) since the first owner had it. It's only done 48k anyway, but at least 25/30k of that is mapped and quite possibly almost all of it. A good map makes the car pull much better and gives slightly better mpg (comparing my old unmapped 225 @27mpg to mapped R26@30mpg, same commute same roads).

8. RS Tuning stage 1 is a night and day difference to standard...so much more usable performance right through the rev range.
    Mine made 265hp/285lb/ft when he put it on 4 years ago..it has never missed a beat.

THE best thing you can do to a Meganesport.