Stage 1 and stage 2 info.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by richmeg, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Are there any stickies/threads explaining the power gain at each stage or map, and what mods are required without me asking lots of silly questions?

From what I've read stage 2 (map or 17 psi) gives you about 280bhp and the following is required (correct me if I'm wrong)

-forge recirc (will this come as a kit with the actuator or you have to purchase seperatly? which or both are needed?)
    -uprated fmic
    -?????
    -?????

Thanks for any help, Rich.

2. Forge recirc & actuator are bought separately.

3. forge recirc and actuator will help hold and sustain boost
    fmic is a must both for power and again to sustain (withstand heatsoak)
    decat will release ALOT of torque but they limit to 300lb on the std engine now to be safe so not a requirement
    exhaust system will help if not, 280bhp would be about the limit of the std exhaust

4. Thanks Steve . . . do you need both for stage 2 if you know by any chance?

5. I did a sticky over on 'the other site'.

6. Shazzam!!

7. ^^^ did your finger slip with the 0-60 time MJ ?!?! Sub 5 seconds ?!?! Seriously ??? Don't know about that mate

8. Alot was just copied and pasted awhile ago and I really don't know what they can do. I like my clutch as it is so never launch the car :wink: Who's got stage 2 or 3 0-60 and 0-100 times? I remember there was a scottish member who had some decent times on the strip. Can't remember who it was now tho.

9. Was only joking MJ, I know they're quick when mapped but not super car quick :wink:

10. I made almost another 10bhp on a stage 2 with a forge actuator over standard, not saying everyone will be the same but I was very surprised. Made 279bhp which wasn't bad with a cat still fitted.

11. Thanks for your help guys, so I'm thinking the following;

-Forge actuator and recirc valve
    -Intercooler (anyone selling one of these by any chance?)
    -De-cat

I thought injectors would be much further down the line so I was just going to go for a clean but are they a worthwhile addition to Stage 2??

Sub 5, phew! Be more than happy with that!

12. I wouldn't bother with bigger injectors mate even a decat isn't necessary.

13. My stage 1 is running 98% duty on injectors and to get anything more i need bigger injectors.

14. I'll have a recirc n actuator for sale soon.

I was similar to losi aswell. really high duty on stage 1.

15. How much for the actuator?

16. Actuator sold to James :smile:

I know it's in the wrong section mods. just saves all the pm's asking how much :wink: