275 Squealing sound at low speed

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Tony Fonda, Jul 11, 2018.

1. My RS275 (10k miles) makes a high pitch squealing sound at low speeds. It doesn't happen while on the brakes, and it only happens at low speeds (5-10 MPH).

So it is not the brakes (I think) but It does sound the same as worn brakes, a metal on metal sound. It goes away over about 10 MPH in a straight line.

Any thoughts?

2. Change the pads, standard pads are know to to do this, had mine cleaned and backs greased up and still did it, in the end i put some brembo own pads in, and it was sound.

3. Yes sound like typical pad just kissing on disc, nothing to worry about and goes with bit hard braking (but can creep back again)

4. Mines been doing it for the last few weeks. It’s defo brake related though. Noise is there at low speed when off the brakes, and stops when I press the brake pedal. My pads are PFZ and in good condition but the discs really need a change. As said above I guess it’s the pads just catching the discs.

Going to do full set of discs and pads front and back soon so should sort it.