250 Springs upgrade (non CUP) for daily ride

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by maXX_CZ, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Hello,

i was recently looking for lowering the car by upgrading springs and found a lot of recommendation for H&R here. Then i also found opinions in same threads that H&R is way firmer, so i am a bit confused.
    They offer -40/-40 springs but that is due to multiple reasons too much for me.
    Would anyone recommend any other option which doesnt sit that low with the stress for daily use and B roads, not track at all?
    I am looking for (if possible) pretty much same ride comfort while having the car a bit lower.

Thanks for any intel

2. If you have non cup springs, everything is going to feel harder, it's not going to be bone shaking and back breaking....

H&R or grams will do you fine

3. I have as et of H&R springs available if you are interested I am looking for something stiffer so intend going for some Grams

4. Thank you, but i am not really into used parts regarding chassis.

I ran here into interesting idea, buy OEM cup springs. I struggle to find how much lower is cup vs standard M3 RS, anyone can enlighten me, please?

5. You won't notice any difference

6. No one here would bother buying new cup springs, when you can get low mileage ones that are perfectly fine.

Cup springs are 20mm and then after market drop it by a further 20mm

7. Been searching if its possible to buy low mileage cup springs but didnt find anything honestly.
    Currently looking at eibachs (favourite) or H&Rs if i decide to go for it.

8. Eibachs don't lower as much as the H&R, main reason I went for the Eibachs. I has cup springs on originally.

9. Satisfied with the ride on B roads? Any other intel?

10. Where is the wanted thread you stared on here asking for springs?

11. Yea happy with it, I mostly did it for looks as felt it looked abit high. It doesn't make much difference day to day , there is a smooth depression on my commute that I can feel more but not in a crashy way.

maXX_CZ likes this.