Sports Mode changes the mapping

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by sonyboy, May 2, 2014.

1. Hi

I've read in many places that once you engage in sports mode you get more pops and bangs which is true....someone suggested that sports mode changes the following:

-throttle response (confirmed)
    -reduces ESP (confirmed)
    -mapping? which mapping does this relate to? fuel, power, pedal sensitivity etc?

This kinda relates to my earlier post. THanks.

2. On a 265 it does yes. 250 in normal 265 in sport mode another 0.2 bar in presssure iirc

3. So if the 250 doesn't change any map, why does it create more pops and bangs?

4. Does it?

5. yeah, I've definately noticed it ...

6. Probably keeps the injectors pulsing at very low rates when the throttle is disengaged, this in turn allows the excess fuel to be burnt in the exhaust creating popping.

Thats how they get the clios to pop, bang and flame anyhow.

7. I didn't. Only one noticeable difference is traction control doesn't work.

8. The traction control does work in sport mode. It is only off if you press and hold the button.

9. 250 feels more eager in sports mode. I can't get mine to pop in standard, but in sport it'll pop regardless of what throttle mapping I select. It does suggest there's something a little extra going on under the hood once the button is pressed.

10. Popping is just indicative of a small amount of petrol and air mixing in a turbo back / exhaust.