sports cat vs de cat

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by sunnylunn, May 2, 2015.

1. Whats peoples take on this? the main benefit for me is no problems come mot time. I can't decide which option to go for.

2. Ovy

Ovy

Sports cat if it's a quality item it will be just as good performance wise as a decat anyway, unless you were going for silly power. IMO most opt for the decat due to cost as for mot time no comment lol.

3. It'll be an RS tuning sports cat, quality bit of kit.

4. Not me. If both were the same price I would still of opted for a decat.

5. Not sure id run a decat on my car , i dont know any MOT stations that would pass it , do sports cat sound any different than a normal OEM cat

6. I will be fitting an RS Tuning sports cat (when they eventually get some stock) - so I can let you know how it sounds with a ktec cat back?

7. De cat > Sports cat everytime!

8. Ovy

Ovy

Another way of looking at it, if you can get a test done and your insurance is ok then decat or..
    if you can't get or you want to be legal or even if you care for the environment(a bit) lol then sports cat.

9. Ovy

Ovy

correct Andy for a legitimate mot anyway! ( thanks for the welcome too mate can't wait to Help on matts evo/cosworth/r5 lol)

10. If you have a friendly tester , might as well go full decat.

Welcome for the welcome :smile: