250 Sports Cat Coding?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Charlie Howard, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Do Mk3's require a map or coding for a sports cat? Might need a new cat on mine and I thought if I can do a straight swap and not need another map then I might as well just go sports cat. Don't want a decat

2. Tex

Tex

I don't think they do but will find out soon...got one in the post :smile:

3. Charlie Howard

Okay please let me know how it goes

4. Tex

Tex

200 cell cat should be fine, but will let you know!

5. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Who mapped it ???
    the place i use charges a small amount for map tweaks, so if you change or add bits its not a full remap.

I took the cat out of mine and fitted a decat pipe, i couldn't get to the mappers and he said to be safe refit the cat, as it will run a little lean due to the better gas flow.

6. Charlie Howard

K-Tec, although it was a long time ago now so not sure they'd do that but it's worth an ask. I know with a decat it would 100% need a map but not heard too much about sport cats

7. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Definitely worth the ask, to be safe i would at least get it run up on the rollers with a emission reading

8. Can you (or anyone else) provide any updates regarding the sports cat?
    I am interested in those 200cel from Cobra and especially GT-performance, but i am interested only if it's straight swap and there are no problem with lambdas (dashboard lights) and such. I also need to pass MOT with those which my mechanic said would not be possible anyway. GT-performance states there are no problems with MOT, so i am hesitant now.
    Straight decat is no-go for me.

By the way fellow owner swapped standard cat for decat and while having stage 1 he had no issues with it, so i assume that re-tuning is good but not necessary.