265 Sport cat fitting

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by James265trophy, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Can you cut out the standard cat and fit the new one without removing the driveshaft?

2. Of course you can, if fitting a decat or sports cat. I've heard someone done it by cutting the oem cat in situ. I chose to get a garage to replace mines. But thinking about it I could have just cut mines out and get an oem cat from eBay if I ever need to put it back to standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. yes you can. have done it on mine. you just drop the rear of the subframe a bit. it's fiddly as **** to get out but smaller sports cat or even smaller decay is easier to slot back in. have to get it 're tracked after though of course.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Cutting the original one sounds like the way to do it then! Cheers.

5. If you want to remove orginal cat you have to remove it from the car and for that only way is to remove driveshaft and slide it down, dont see how you can cut it on the car?

6. Some people say you have to remove the driveshaft and others say you can cut it which is what I'm trying to work out.

7. After you unscrew three upper bolts in the turbo there is no way you can move it around until you unscrew also three bolts on the flex pipe and three bolts that hold the cat in place. Also you can unscrew this bolts on the flexpipe from behind with some effort but when you will try to move cat and slide it down you will need to unscrew the water pump and remove driveshaft and lower t-bone gearbox mount, which is 15min job :smile:

8. no need to remove driveshaft. can be done without that if you drop the back of the sub frame
    garage should have it done in a couple of hours for you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Marin Kuharic likes this.
  9. Ok, cheers.

10. what is easier for your garage, but i think that removing driveshaft is the way to go :smile: but good luck