Speaker upgrade in 225 Trophy

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Alex_225, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

I think one of the speakers in my 225 Trophy has blown, makes an annoying farty noise so I'm pretty certain it has.

Now I don't actually mind the sound in the car, sounds like the head unit (stereo upgrade) puts out enough power to enjoy music rather than hinting at it so I'm happy with a speaker upgrade.

Are there any recommendations on which ones to go for to replace the front door speakers? What size are they in the front?

Thanks in advance. :smile:

2. IIRC theirs only one direct fit option which is pioneer as the speakers are very shallow fitting. http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/131/201/TS-Q131C/page.html (5.25" i think or 13cm)
    Others will fit but you will need to modify the door card (cut the speaker backing away) which can lead to water ingress inside the cabin as theirs no wetliner for the door.

I've got Alpine E type in mine, the speaker itself needed a few brackets cut off, and i need to make a baffle for them to fit 100% but their a damn site cheaper than the circa £80 pioneer ones, haven't had to modify the door card yet either.

3. Tbh I'd stick with standards if you're happy with it mate. I had problems even with pioneers leaking!

4. Only trouble is that one of them blown. Unless I can get an OEM speaker from a broken Megane with upgrade. Ironically my door pocket has filled up a couple of times with water so I'm not worried if I do swap the speakers. :smile:

5. Daz

Daz

Just swap for original - I'd imagine there's plenty floating about.

6. I shall have to have a look on E-bay and see.

Out of interest what are the OEM upgraded speakers like? Are they a specific brand?

7. Are you sure its the speaker that's blown? try pressing down the speaker cover and see if the farty noise disappears.

8. It's odd as you only hear it on more bass heavy tracks but I'll definitely double check it.

Was surprised it had blown (if it definitely has) as I assume the headunit and speakers were designed to work together and it's not a bad sounding set up.

9. I have an a pair of OEM ones as I upgraded to the Pioneers. PM me if you want them :smile:

10. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

That could work nicely Rob im seeing Alex saturday so you could bung them in the car.

11. A PM has been sent.

Cheers chaps.