Sponsored By:  

Spa 4th may 2020

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by B6lee, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Myself and some friends of mine who have done regular trips to spa since 2012 are going again this year but this time in meganes. We are new to the megane scene but we are hoping our time spent will be rewarding:smile:

Who else is going to spa on those dates, and what are you taking ?

I have a R26
    I’ve a friend with a 225 and a friend with a 250 cup all on the same trip.

2. A few of us are there for the 2 days. Meglio./R26/ Caterham R500, and a few others.

3. No confirmation as yet but I fail to see how this trip can go ahead with the latest restrictions in France and Belgium.

4. I'm looking to do the 2 days in November, probably be the only Euro trip this year :cry:

5. As soon as donnington is open I’ll be there. Hopefully we can sack this trip off and get back there next year or later in the year but still waiting on information from the organisers.
    Belgium under lock down till 3rd may. Our day is booked for the 4th but I fail to see how we can get there especially as France lockdown is until 11th of may so don’t think we’d be allowed to travel through France anyway.

6. the organiser is waiting for the track owners to cancel it, but it deffo won't be going ahead.

7. Yes I spoke with Greg yesterday but have resisted pestering him again today following the recent restrictions we are not allowed to travel there the day before so impossible for us to attend.

8. The Nurburgring trackdays got cancelled like two weeks before, was supposed to be going to Oulton, they cancelled that at 16.50 the day before, i would have already been there, talk about leaving it to the last minute, do they think that everybody that attends lives around the corner :rage:

9. Spa's website is saying the track is open for 4th May onwards.With us not being allowed to travel and the French not letting people travel through, I wonder where that leaves us.

10. At the moment, Belgium lockdown might end 3 May. French travel restrictions until 11May, UK until 6 May. Belgium has not reached Virus peak yet, so I would imagine they would extend as well?.

11. I'm quite sure trackdays won't be allowed in Belgium(and other countries) as they are 'non essential'. The ending of the lockdown here in Belgium, won't be complete...it's something which is gonna be done quietly on. As of today DIY- and gardening- centers have opened up again. Later on, other sectors and branches will be opening. I don't think tracks will be high on the list. :mask:

Any way...you won't be able to get here, since France and UK have the travel restrictions...something which will probably stay like this for a longer period when you want to cross the border. Holidays abroad won't be possible for Belgians through the whole summer...so the chances that foreigners will be allowed here before september, will be close to none.

And luckily, we have reached the virus peak here in Belgium...that was on 9 and 10th of april...since then the number of new cases have dropped significantly. Biggest problem here(and in other countries) now is the high death toll we see in the nursing homes.

12. No news from the organisers yet ???
    surely with what seems quite a few UK people due to attend they would of presented us with a plan.

13. The track will be open on 4th May! no help to us in the UK as we can't travel there. The organiser has told me he will have an update later this year.

14. Well that’s no use because Belguim is on lockdown the day before so unless you live a short drive from the circuit then travel same day it’s a waste of time.
    I’ve not heard anything from Greg yet.

15. The Belgium Government is meeting on Friday, with more details.

16. Cancelled,Voucher issued.

17. You got yours yet ? Hoping for an alternative date later this year.

18. My son deals with it. I would not go too late in the year, as the weather can be variable over there.

19. We went 1st April last year. No fear :tearsofjoy:

20. i went in November 2018, blue sky's and 14 degrees C :laughing::laughing:
    But apparently a week before there was 12" of snow :sunglasses: