South West/Wales meet up on Saturday....

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Greyingfast, May 6, 2015.

1. love them roads, a4059 is good one too up penderyn.. gutted cant come and be even more gutted if i was as id be in the golf not megane..

2. Looking at the MetOffice weather guessing I'm starting to think I should take the Land Rover.....:rolleyes: but that would be like taking a spoon to a gun fight. Big sip from the man up cup and Lunar .R even if there's a Monsoon........might be on scruffy wheels and sensible boots, last minute choice no doubt. :confused:

3. If its real bad by Friday evening rich then we can always cancel to another day, its a long long way for you 2 guys to come for some nasty weather, fingers crossed it could blow away in 24hrs, they had today down for a cloudy drizzle day and it was glorious sun

4. I'm only joking Mike, don't you dare cancel it as I'm there regardless and I'll get lost on my own:wink: I quite like driving in the wet stuff to be honest but the Toyo's are as shite in the wet as they are impressive in the dry. As its a RSMegane meet I don't want to turn up in the posh beetle so hoping to get the Pilot's onto some casters tomorrow just in case. Failing that you three will have to wait for the "prat on the 888's" every now and then:wink:

5. Drove most of the roads you guys are talking about last Monday :smile: It was windy but stayed dry all day.

Have fun! (but you won't see me that time of the morning!)

6. I had that exact scenario on our last Kernow drive. Oli in his 308bhp 250 with Pilot Supersports and me with my Chinese semis in a proper downpour. I just can't trust the tyres in that scenario meanwhile the 250 made it seem like it was a dry day in comparison.

7. Still looking wet for tomorrows playtime in South Wales, so Michelin Pilot Sports taken the place of the Toyo 888's...........Bit like putting Welly's on a stripper but these should help to prevent falling off the mountain.

IMG_4460.JPG
    IMG_4462.JPG

8. Please excuse the rather scruffy and well campaigned track wheels, composite for weight saving and the missing paint saves yet more weight:wink:

9. Oh that's just great lads, now rich is even more light weight and now he has grip too :worried:((, unlike me who had the bad news my pss aint here intil Monday, now all I have is ps3's on front and hankook evo's on the rear , I think I will lead the pack from the rear and bring the works walkie talkies to direct you hahahahha :smiley:

10. Ha ha, wouldn't have changed them normally but having checked last night the 888's on the front clearly had a harder time than I thought during the last track run:wink: Not much tread normally but PC Plod wouldnt have approved.

11. Looking forward to the jolly, but, not the early start:wink:.

12. At least i can use the `i`m tired excuse` , when i hold up proceedings with my doddery old man`s driving style!

13. Cmon biskits you cant be older than 53:rolleyes: my reaction times are urmmmmm sadly slow at the best of times lol, anyway we aint tracking now are we, bit of jolly road huggin is all I hope "huge gulp"

14. Bit of very grown up and sensible fun....that's all gents:rolleyes:Looking forward to seeing biskits RS250 as never been in one, and also Midnight's quick shift kit. Raining nicely in Devon at the moment, but enthusiasm is not dampened. See you at 5.30 biskits, heads up Im not really a morning person so excuse any prehistoric grunt as a greeting

15. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

Lol gonna be some good banter at the very least!

just stopped raining - time for a quick pointless wash!

16. No time to wash it sadly as too busy at work, oh well the rain should wash the dust away :wink:

17. CLEANING CLEANING ??? no one said anything about cleaning lol, happy to give you a go on the quickshift rich, ummmmmm its the only thing that is quick in my car :wink:

18. Depends who you speak to, i`m either a 43 yr old going on 17 , or ( my other half) 43 going on 73! Currently a nice fine drizzle in Yeovil, cooking Chachouka for tea, & just supped a Erdinger weisbeer. Car still dirty & staying that way. See you in the morning.

19. According to my good lady, I'm just a child. Still at work and your talking about beer.........Cheers!

20. At work & on the internet! Tut tut.

21. Got to be some benefits of being the boss!! Internet access seems a fairly small benefit but hey ho. See you in the morning

22. Would have loved to have joined in, but it's a rare Saturday off work tomorrow and I've got plans all day with my 3 year old lad.

I'm in that area next month, though it will be on the road bike as I'm doing Velothon Wales which starts and finishes in Cardiff, taking in the Tumble and Caerphilly Mountain!

23. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

Weather is dry here at the moment lads and the forecast has improved massively so fingers crossed for a good one - grey you'll be up at 4 now putting your r888's back on!

24. Bloody typical,

25. Still due to rain at the exact time we'd be there!

I'm going to give this one a miss. Just done a 58 hour week so could do with a lie in as well.

Have fun!

26. Well, home nearly 12Hrs since leaving this morning and what a day. Write up to follow but couple of pics in the meantime 639e316f91609ad389fc6dd9efda73a4.jpg

46913cb45a9eba1fd5e2bfa009b433a9.jpg

fd161399bc8246f43142a6ba085a0c08.jpg

27. Home at last. Cheers for a cracking drive out. Big thanks to Midnight & Cayman for the guided tour. Rich, how was Cribbs?

28. Far too busy I expect

29. Well what can I say, many thanks guys for the great company, great cars and to tim for the black mountains, except that because I did not have a motorbike slowing me down unlike the poor others, I very nearly came off that mountain atleast 4 times, those bends are unreal and the ones that caught me out went on forever lol, absolutely great day, cheers amigo's :cool:, wont even mention some of the video's :rolleyes:

30. 367 miles covered by me today!

31. Now that gents is what I call a blat

32. Looks like it was a great meet and blast guys! :smiley:

How did the Ti exhaust on the .R sound with 330+BHP? :wink:

33. Give me a few days and you will find out for yourself papps lol, plenty of footage with that beast passing me, was passing me all morning lol, will post a few on here when I get thru em all

34. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

That was probably the thing that brought biggest smile to my face all day! Actually there was loads of things that made me smile!
    it sounds awesome! Growls every time the throttle was touched, pops occasionally, sounded brilliant! Want mine to sound like that!!
    What a great day! I thoroughly enjoyed it - even the m4 blast back to Cardiff was one of the craziest drives ever! Bloody great, so great I missed the exit on the m4 and had to go to the next one and back the opposite way!! Lol
    got some pics but near on impossible to upload from my phone so I'll try and add them on tomorrow - looking forward to video footage - should be some amusing stuff! I giggled to myself a few times watching the r26r go into some bends! I could tell if it was ok to boot it or not half way round the bend as could hear you going for it in front if me! I could also hear your floating discs from my car at times which I have to say would drive me nuts but then I guess at least your car stops all of the time!

fell asleep when I got home - woke up 4hrs later! Was hard work - my spotless car looks like it's been rallying, was my first real blast since buying it and didn't miss a beat, not once did I think I need more power so pleased about that, though on the reverse I badly need to upgrade my pads, grey stopped in front of me at one point and I had no other option but to go alongside him as no way was it stopping - brakes had cooked!

cheers to midnight for breakfast mate! Much appreciated! Glad you agreed it was worth the extra time for the spin over the last mountain - best road I've ever driven!

35. That sounds flipping great guys, great to enjoy your meg like that cayman, nothing beats finding a road or someone showing you one you had no idea about :smiley:

I had to go for a quick 60 mile blast this evening before dusk as I had an itchy right foot after reading your guys day haha

36. Happy days Midnight!!! look forward to it for sure!

Also spotted someone who nicked your idea about the reg you bought... :wink:

https://instagram.com/p/2IyP03PL4R/

37. Damn Papps the geezer has pinched my rear spoiler too hahahahaha :rolleyes:

38. As promised Papps before I go to bed, short,loud n to the point lol, pls excuse the phone call that almost ruined that sound :rolleyes:
    https://youtu.be/9heU7vov7kA

39. Sounds like you all had a blast I would be up for this in the near future ! Was thinking of going but had other plans that day.
    Maybe arrange another one in a months time or so ?

40. Here is a quickie of the 3 rs sports giving me a great sounding fly by lol, and bummer I forgot to lower the window, still bloody loud :wink:
    https://youtu.be/evjwe-mV1Uo