South West/Wales meet up on Saturday....

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Greyingfast, May 6, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I am meeting up with @midnightrunner at Jnc. 28 on the M4 at 7am on Saturday this week (9th May) for a little blat (and bacon I hope:wink:). I'm getting on the road for about 5.15am and will be getting onto the M5 at Cullompton. We are hoping to get up onto the hills above Newport for a while. Mike will be along in a bit to add a few places where people can join us if anyone fancy's it.

Would be great to get others along, although I realise it is a bit short notice. If anyone wants to discuss then pm me or @midnightrunner or post to say that you are coming along. Looking forward to getting out with some other meg's or anything else for that matter.

www.car-addict.co.uk

2. Excellent as rich says above, but more Treorchy hills n afan forest A roads than bleak Newport concrete :wink:, ok for those coming from England or west then meet us at junction 28 M4 about 7am, for those coming from Cardiff or Merthyr way then you can meet us at Pontypridd train station roughly 7:30 ishhh , we aint waiting long mind lol, and those coming east from Swansea way then its best to just meet us at the top of treorchy hill at the layby with the hotdog burger van hopefully between 7:45-8am. should be fun guys especially if it rains and gets foggy hahahaha.

3. All times depending on traffic, weather and police stops lol

4. I'd love to jump on this, but am away this weekend! Get some post-blat pics up please :smile:

5. Could be on. What time do you think you might be passing Taunton?

6. Bu##er was looking forward to listening to the noise of the V8 bouncing off the valley walls:tongueout:

7. Reckon it will be about 5.30am mate

8. Another time my good sir! :smile:

9. Haha will hold you to that promise...

10. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

wicked - this is great, am well up for this, been hoping for a good meet for ages = I shall be there!!!!!!

Fancy a Black Mountain run?

11. excellent news. I am aiming to be away by about 11.00 as I need to be back in Devon soon after lunch. Don't know how long we would need for a Black Mountain run, but up for doing as much as possible mate.

12. we could always do that after the treorchy blat for rich's return leg home if he has the time??, head out onto the A4061 to treherbert and then hirwaun thru to Brecon beacons, its not that far anyway and rich got to head that way ishh anyway lol, then right thru Brecon on the A4059 around the black mountains and then down the A40 to abbergavenny and to M4 and part company with rich on his way home. great idea cayman and rich that would be an epic drive with those 2 routes lol, afterall it is on the way back :rolleyes:

13. to be honest if time was tight we could always go up n down treorchy mountain and then thru the afan forest road, stop at the mountain bike lodge for a natter, then turn back and go back up/down treorchy mountain ,then head to the black mountains for riches route home, that way we can leave out the ring rout thru maesteg anyway saving an hour which we can enjoy on the Brecon rout instead and your heading home in the right direction, what you think guys ???

14. All sounds just about perfect then. I know some of that area as we did a big job for the MOD at Sennybridge, and went to and from Brecon whilst the crews were up there. Really looking forward to this, looks like it could turn out to be quite a run. Only concern is the weather and Toyo 888's, should get some more sensible tyre's sorted, but think I'm going to run out of time sadly

15. Thinking the same so ordered two pss for the front i need em for meh track day in june anyway :wink:yeah keep them tyres rich i need an edge with your R lol

16. gutted im working or id have met up..

17. Josh im working too but boll@x i aint missing this so booked a days holiday lol :eek:

18. I live in Plymouth, don't finish work until 11pm Friday night, have potential redundancy in a couple of months, have a track day and Le Mans coming up soon and have NS2-Rs all round.

I'll keep an eye on the weather forecast...

19. i work 4 on 4 off shift pattern so days off are hard as need cover arranged.. and just managed to get 24th off to race so not pushing my luck lol
    also one of my mates went and ordered a load of that braid for his and my car before i told him you could get me some,
    so ill see if this is any good if not ill let you know my sizes..

20. That's the spirit bud, I'll look out for you at Cullompton services then :smiley:

21. Well that deserves a bacon butty on me :smiley:

22. I'd of been up for a jolly to Wales if I wasn't going to the bttc

23. Clio197.net have a meet up around Brecon on the 10th. Doing a good run with plenty of RenaultSport models. I'm going as used to be the rep for the region for them over there.

If I was off Saturday I would of come along to, finish work at 2pm.

24. Looks like its just 3 of us confirmed at the moment, with t&biskits a possible maybe........

Unreasonably excited about it already, even the weather guessing on MetOffice site is improving.......!!!!

25. Well I was hoping for slight drizzle to slow you guys down lol, but I know what you mean, awesome sunny day today, they said it would be peeing down n grey, mmmmmmm why am I fidgeting only thurs morning :rolleyes:

26. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

I was due to go on the clio sport meet on the sunday but pulling out of that now this is happening - the clio meet has 20 or 30 cars attending so can be a bit of a chore trying to stay in convoy etc plus usually last all day and gets a bit boring at times
    This is a nice early morning blast, home by lunch time etc - suits me perfectly, Im starting my sun dance at lunch time!

28. Greying, you up for meeting me at Bridgewater services J24 at 5.30 ish?

29. T&B, yeah that sounds like a plan. I will pm you my mobile and look forward to seeing you there bud, and then there were 4

30. Welcome biskits, be great to meet you, well we are 4 now that's officially a Herd of Members lol

31. Forecast aint looking great, so the Greasy Spoon better do some good bacon butties.

32. Absolutely gutted, I really wanted to do this,although it's a fair way away from me, made the decision to go and then find out that we're meeting some friends up in London that's been arranged for ages Aarrrhhh!!!!! Just hoping the opportunity will come around again, I'll definitely be in, enjoy yourselves,,,,,,

33. Hats off mate, drive from Surrey would have been quite a slog, probably a laugh though:smiley: I'm sure there will be another opportunity, half way between Surrey and the South West sounds like a plan. Wiltshire and around Salisbury Common has some fun roads.

34. I'll defo' be up for that, hope the weather's on your side this w\end,otherwise could be interesting on those 888's!!

35. Tell you what do you guys want a little youtube taster of what is to come, just a few mins of wow lol????

36. Yeah fingers crossed. 2 new 888's being put on the front tomorrow but I fear that a last minute wheel swap to Pilot Sports may be required. Only holding off as the wheels are proper scruffy track day foot soldiers, and the tart in me wants it looking nice........then the sensible part of me remembers it will look worse on its roof:wink:

R26R Wheel.JPG

37. Rich do the right thing and don't worry about looking pretty, you heading into the wild country now, no airs or graces here, if its wet get them pilots on mate, I will post a small video in a minute or two, maybe that help in your decision lol:rolleyes:

38. Horti you are welcome here anytime mate, I am always happy to share our roads, coming all that way my missus will cook you dinner after too mate, just lemme know when ya free, here is a little taster of the route , enjoy....

https://youtu.be/q33MfchIYU0

39. Spot on Midnight, got a suspicion I'm going to be late home on Saturday :wink::cool:

40. You tease!!!!!!