So I need some exhaust help....

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Daz, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Daz

Daz

Car 'JUST' passed it's mot last week due to yet more exhaust leakage.

It's a standard exhaust with a mid box chop but to fair it's been butchered to death on a few occasions - it's that bad now it's covered in exhaust paste and propped up left right and centre!

I like the standard exhaust midbox chopped, yes it could do with being a tad louder but I certainly don't want any more cabin intrusion on the motorway.

My issue is I hate most of the tips of the aftermarket systems, I don't mind the ktec 3" though... And there is no point spending x amount of money on a different system unless it's actually worth doing - which means it needs to be larger than the stock one.

Ideally I'd like a 3" with the standard tips but they won't fit!

Another option was to retain the original back box and go to a custom exhaust company and get them to make up a cat to back box section.

Luckily I've not got 12 months to sort this out but is there anything on the horizon I should know about?

2. Where abouts are you?

Any decent powerflow dealers near you? They could help you out.

If you're anywhere near St Albans, I'm sure EMP Performance could help you out or Speedwerks in Wembley.

I've used both in the past and their work is top notch

3. Daz

Daz

I've had a few powerflow exhausts in the past and they were great. I did think about going there again..

Not sure how they are these days..