Sponsored By:  

Snetterton evening, 23rd June - £70

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by jwilliams, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Yeah I think I'll go for the OE discs as they seem pretty good. Changing the pads, fluid and getting some lines I think will keep me more than happy.

I won't be putting it all on till Donington in August anyway ☺

2. Yeah I know G172 can get OE equipment as I asked him to quote me on rears for the 26

Yeah I'm gonna go for a 2 piece kit eventually but I have a contact that can get them muchos cheaper :wink:

3. Happy days then mate! Hopefully I'll have a set of RSR's on by Donington to. They were great on my clio I loved them

4. I've inherited a pair of direzza's for the front for track but I'm torn between rsr's or pilot super sports for everyday/track too

5. RSR's were a bit of a pain for me in the wet, but they lasted ages! I was deciding between the two as well, only going for the R's because they're £85 a corner on opoeno. 225/40/18 - think that's the same as you as well

6. Mine are 235/40/18 but the same price. Steve 1 runs the pilot super sports and really rates them to the point he only runs direzza's on the front now on track

7. Sorry yeah I meant 235. Yeah I'm still undecided, how much have you seen the PSS for?

8. Well I can't find the pss in a 235 and it seems popular for lads to go down to a 225.

They come in on opaneo for just over 100 but mr tyre locally will do them for 101 fitted!

9. I'll have to have a look then. I thought they'd be well over that and £101 fitted is good!

10. Yeah I can't see why there so cheap, from what Steve said there a mixed compound some what like a bike tyre

11. Leaning more towards the PSS. Would be good as I've never had experience with Michelin

12. I've currently got ps3's and there great in all conditions tbh but on track after 20 minutes they start going off.

I messed with the pressures a lot using compbrake temp sensors and pressure equipment

13. 130mph down two straights is never boring lol

the bomb hole is great fun and the bend just before the main straight is fun trailbraking your way in....you will see what i mean!

14. Straight line driving hasn't ever really interested me if I'm honest, but yeah I am really looking forward to the day, looked at the circuit route on youtube etc. You should book onto it mate?

15. All I use is PSS, cold wet damp leave em on for track, brilliant on the road , if dry bang a pair of semi slicks on the front, job done, only have to take 2 wheels round with you to track days, you could use the PSS all year round for road and track, although I'll,be getting a set of pilot cup 2s when my stock runs low.

16. Cheers for that Steve. I think I'll get the PSS on in time for Snett then, do you think they'll last Snett and Donington evening? Plus a few thousand miles inbetween as it's my daily. If I can, I'll try grab another 2 wheels and put some semi's on there.

17. Yes they will last mate, easy, Michelin don't make bad tyres

18. Cheers fella

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It is when your still getting passed by cars doing 150+

Im looking forward to getting back with the Hybrid and less weight

20. Let me know when you go. Would love to see that!

21. What spec is your 250 jamie? How much can the 250 internals take?

22. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Hybrid should take it to around 360bhp, I think that's about as much as they can take but no one has actually pushed one far enough to see what they will do.

23. That's impressive, certainly be a quick car on track! You having to up the injectors at that?

Yeah I know there renown for having stronger internals after the mk2's chocolate ones haha

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah, 630's to support it. Stock injectors will run fine with the Hybrid on them but your only going to see 330/340 with them as they will be running maxed out.

I plan on eventually building a forged lump for it and likely add a GTX28 so i may see how far the stock engine can be pushed before it goes pop.

Should be quick enough aye LOL, Shall be going on a diet as well. Aiming to loose at least 100kgs to start with before i get a bit more serious this winter. Aiming for sub 1200kgs in its final spec

25. Yeah I'm looking at forging mine tbh but been looking at the GTX3071r kit with nortech manifold and turbosmart wastegate.

Once me wedding is paid for plan is to by another bare engine and get it down the machine shop, got a few "secret" improvements that'll make the f4r fail safe too.

I want to got stripped out, stitched in cage etc, luckily I have a understanding missus lol

26. Guess you've seen this then?

http://youtu.be/Az0rvrR0yek

Not much quicker then the trophy R on lap times but there's so many variables with that place and different driver I guess

27. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The 28 will be more than enough for what i want, 400odd is plenty IMO and it will be very responsive, A mate had a GTX28 and forged lump in his RS250.

I have been looking into aftermarket management for it as well but if i can get someone to properly exploit the Continental ECU in the MK3 RS which has a few good features then i might just stick with that. 4 Fuel maps and Launch control to name a few, Just a shame no one has really spent much time getting it all working.

Cage is planned for the winter, Still unsure what spec i am going to go for mind you.

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Aye, The DAR Megane is a bit mental LOL. It wasn't really setup properly for the Ring though and had too much power. Wind it back to just around 400bhp and get the suspension dialled in and i would imagine it could be hustled round a fair bit quicker than the Trophy-R. Corner speed would be very similar but the extra power would make a big difference all round there.

29. Yeah when I was speaking to Paul at RS he reckoned the standard management is good for around 450 on the mk2 but how well it manages it I don't know.

Yeah I thought the DAR car was really violent when it eventually came on boost which isn't what you want on a circuit like that.

Yeah I'm not fixed to what turbo to run as of yet as I'm still enjoying the car as it is, it's always at the back of me mind to go for a mk3 too so it'll be a decision I'll have to make before I jump in to deep

30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I would recommend the GTX28 series, Will do good power but is still very responsive which is what you want IMO, More so in a track biased FWD turbo car

31. Mark fitted my bilsteins and PMS kit to my 182 Dan, guys a genius with those cars and mad fast at the Ring'

32. Yeah sounds like it may tick the box as with me focusing more so on track days etc

Yeah marks a top lad, known him for a few years now regulary go out for drives and meet up for drinks etc